Remove Valor and Conquest caps forever

I’d like to just remove the caps going forward including future patches.

Sure some people will get max upgrades from m+ and others will get a full set of max pvp gear week one. But that’s ok.

2 Likes

Until the forums blow up because the no lifers are wrecking all the casuals in PvP

1 Like

With the removal of the caps, they really need to review the raid loot system for the next content update.

2 Likes

Has this ever not happened?

That’s no reason to make it worse

Blizzard is likely fearful that people that “complete” the content in a week will complain there’s nothing to do and un-sub. The potential loss of steady monthly income means it’s not OK for Blizz, so likely not going to happen.

I’m no fan of the drip-feed time-gating crap, but Blizz obviously can’t put out content at a faster pace and I’m pretty sure they would need to do that if they removed all such time-gating.

Edit: Based on the blue post below, I would assume that caps are definitely returning at the start of next season. :frowning:

I like the idea of removing that cap when hall of fame closes. Or even a bit earlier perhaps but I don’t mind it in the first few weeks especially.

Ksm being account wide though would be nice again please bliz

No, it will basically “force” people to no-life it at the start of an XPac and burn out. Hard pass.

Remove the honor cap too. It serves no purpose…

I have all these Valor points I have no use for and can’t give them away. That seems so useless…

Players should be allowed to no-life if they want, but you right that people would complain about being at a disadvantage to people that never logout.

4 Likes

Seems like this would be fine with ilevel brackets and maybe something for arena the hurts high ranked toons playing in low brackets too often

Personally I don’t see any issue with “no-lifers” having more character power/gold/ingame stuff than me. To me it’s all fair game as long as there was no cheating/foul play involved and everything was earned legit.

WoW is largely a time investment game - you get out what you put in.

Player A puts 1000 hours into the game while player B only puts 50 hours into the game? Then of course it makes sense that player A should have more than player B.

The player B’s in wow disagree somehow.

Just remove valor/conquest cap once rwf ends.

It keeps people from complaining they are getting ‘left-behind’ by the no lifers.

Honor capping has less justification vs valor/conquest. You couldn’t over earn what the cap was at that week for the latter. Only burn foolishly what you probably shouldn’t if you got the piece at max ilvl from the vault the next week. Honor being capped just makes it feel like you have to baby yourself back to oribos, and encourages “city defender” gameplay so you don’t waste it.

Remove the valor cap. But also significantly reduce the RNG from the great vault.

I agree that people should not be at an advantage if they no life a competitive multiplayer game. Idc if its an mmorpg.

That’s because that is you.

old-school WoW used to be about how much time you sank into it, modern WoW rewards players for being good at the game.

The cap used to be fine, like back in MoP.

1K conquest per week. Second week if you did nothing the first week it would grow to 2K (something like this).

The strategy above works, if and when the gear is the gear…w/o massive upgrades or weekly chests/vaults that can completely negate the conquest/honor you’ve spent on upgrades.

It starts to fall apart when you have things like rating dictating upgrades, finite amounts of valor per “season” that isn’t enough to upgrade all our gear. A vault that can feel like you’ve wasted weeks of currency.

So as usual, it is a systems problem. Blizzard keeps layering systems upon systems and then don’t seem to understand why they no longer seem to work well together.

1 Like