Remove the ability to respec

I don’t understand what you’re trying to argue.

I have a tank and a dps set. I am capable of being a main tank, and a top DPS. In the same spec.

I can swap between them based on need and do either job better without the inconvenience of respeccing, where as the warrior/paladin is locked and a vast majority of the time will be unwilling or rather the raid will not even allow the flexibility for them to go back and respsc just for one fight or even a couple fights.

1 Like

You’re about to do Nightbane. A Warrior will main tank it. You have 2 Mages, 2 Warlocks, and 1 Shadow Priest in your group. Caster heavy.

You tell everyone, “I’ll DPS as cat.”

Fine, but do the casters really need LotP? No, of course not.

Here’s the next scenario:

“I can switch to Boomkin! I just need to be a rested area. Summon me back, ok?”

You go to Shatt. You go to the bank, get items appropriate for Boomkin DPS. You switch to Balance spec.

“Okay, guys, I’m ready! Summon me back.”

You are summoned back. This time, however, providing buffs to to your Mages and Warlocks you love you forever. You’re awesome because not only can you tank and dps as Bear or Cat, you’re now helping your casters out as a Boomy.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Sure, except the 50g respec is there to be an effective deterrent to such min/max behavior. Your mages and warlocks will not complain should you decide not to do that, because it’s well understood that its costly and nobody expects people to do that and pay that just for their right to unique spec-specific buffs to make an easy boss easier.

If dual spec is available, now maybe the casters expect me to have a boomy spec on hand, and now I’m pressured in to playing a role I don’t like and have no interest in playing. Sounds real fun.

2 Likes

Fancy way of saying you’re broke and don’t know how to pick up gold from the mountain of gold known as TBCC.

Don’t listen to Empathy. He just likes to browbeat.

He did the whole “you’re just broke” and I sent him a screenshot of me riding my epic flyer. He never responded back. :laughing:

Don’t let him bully you. You’re absolutely correct in your assertions. I’ll waste his time now as he repeatedly spams replies to me when I respond to him.

If there’s anything he can be relied upon, it’s spamming the same response repeatedly when challenged on anything.

Because what, you quested and got gold. You’re still probably broke, screencap your gold in your bag.

Anyone with 2 functioning thumbs has epic flying.

Why didn’t you respond to this?

1 Like

Oof.

This 'bout’a get nasty.

See how easy that was?

A tank casts taunt. And it works!

See how easy it was to deflect.

Still no answer.

Still no screencap.

I didn’t know NPCs could hold grudges that lasted for weeks after getting their wittle feelers hurt online.

And you tell me to grow up lol.

Hang on, this’ll take a sec or two. He usually goes on about something or other and then wind up repeating some phrase over and over.

I usually respond appropriately. Some of this is experimental.

I have a literal bingo card with your phrases on it.

Say it. I dare you. Call out that I said “literal”. Daddy needs another bingo.

Cope and seethe for me NPC.

Still waiting on that screen cap.

Still waiting on answer to this:

Stalk me harder on the forums.

1 Like

LOL. Good Ol Peewee

1 Like

No, see, he assumes I read anything he says, but really all that matters is the last line because that’s where he’s coming from.

Don’t tell him that, though, let him believe you’re interested in what he has to say.

True NPC energy.

See? And now he’ll be stuck repeating the same line over and over. Simple as pie.

It’s literally what you do.

Where’s that willi-e poll, I know you got it on you bot.

Tanking in-game is no different than tanking on the forums. Just /taunt and the rest is history.

:blush:

Thanks for helping me derail another dual spec thread. :slight_smile:

Wait, what are you admitting to something here?