Remove Steady Shot

Ok hear me out… What if we removed Steady Shot and removed the cd of Rapid Fire and nerfed its damage and made it only usable bellow/at 60 focus. This would help with button bloat, make us use Arcane Shot more and smoother gameplay.

Thoughts?

Or, and hear me out… Revert Explosive Shot to version we had in MoP-WoD and make it a choice node with Aimed Shot. That’ll remove a button. In place of the current talent could be a new talent:

Delayed Detonation - A delayed explosion happens three seconds after firing Aimed Shot/Explosive Shot, dealing X% of attack power as fire damage to all enemies within 8 yards. Deals reduced damage beyond 5 targets. Can only occur once every 30 seconds.

Why do we want this?

2 Likes

That is just explosive shot? lol
So it would turn Aimed Shot into Explosive Shot… or Explosive shot into Explosive Explosive Shot…?

It would add the aoe component of current to either Aimed Shot/Explosive Shot without an extra button. I don’t much care for it but its been pretty integral to the spec for a while now so I figured it might be worth incorporating into the idea.

Explosive Shot would be: You fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing [X + RAP * X] Fire damage initially and every second for 2 sec. 6 Sec cooldown.

Wanting some AoE/Cleave from traditional ST abilitys is normal. Not that Ret is all that great right now for BGs, but it did benefit from being able to talent BoJ to cleave + add dots, Judgement cleaving, FV sometimes procing a free auto-casted divine storm in cleave during its ST rotation if there are adds to cleave. In pvp they (I) stick to ST talents as Ret loses too much ST to use cleave talents instead.

MM has AoE builds that work now, but again, you lose some main target damage to use them. Id be fine with the highest output single target talent build having passive cleave, but I dont want to give up main target damage to get it.

1 Like