Remove Layering NOW

I’m not even sure if that’s true. I haven’t noticed it outside of the starting zones. There’s been a few named NPC’s you need to kill for quests that have had me waiting 6-8 minutes. That’s 6-8 minutes with other groups waiting to kill them too. I agree the mob rate may need to be tuned down, but not the names NPCs. Boost the hell out of them. It doesn’t add to my experience to wait 20 minutes to tag an enemy and still not be able to beat a druid with moonfire.

I’m starting to hear about this a lot. I’ve begun to notice that the world is looking less populated. Respawns seem to be happening more irregularly; I’ve died like five times in one spot because 1) there were no players around to help me and 2) because things were literally spawning out of nowhere on top of me.

They said they’re increasing server capacity. I’ve been logging in since Classic launch, and the longest I’ve had to wait to play was maybe 45 minutes. Layering/Sharding is awful and it should be removed.

Queue times will be even more… fun?

I’ve seen you popping up in a lot of these threads, and it’s time for some new rhetoric, methinks. The issues with layering, private server players, and raid exp isn’t as overly simplistic as your myopic logic would have it be. No one advocating against these issues is a ‘tough boy world first player’. It’s primarily people concerned about the quality, integrity, and longevity of WoW Classic. These are things you should be concerned about, too, instead of being a ‘tough boy world first’ apologist.

Then re-roll on one of more than a dozen medium-full population servers with little or no queue times? What good are these new servers if no one is rolling on them?

1 Like

They have little or no queue times right now because of layering.

100% not true. That’s not how layering works. Layering was implemented to avoid overcrowding in zones, not queues.

1 Like

More people can login and play because of layering.

Remove layering and all the excess players will need to wait in the queue so the realm doesn’t crash and burn.

My Que tonight at 11 PM is 6k which is a few hours to get on. Still having 4+ hour Ques unless you log in at 6am and don’t log off.

I think we need bigger servers first and to add a few layers to some.

Again, not true. Absolutely false. Layering does not affect queues.

2 Likes

It does though.

Remove layering and all the excess players will need to wait in the queue so the realm doesn’t crash and burn.

1 Like

The sulotion is quite simple really. Have a cap on how many times you can “hop” layers per hour. Make it 3 times…then you can’t exploit it effectively but yet it’s still there to prevent zones form getting clogged. Perfect solution for everyone…what do i win?

We’ve all seen the effects of layering. It lets more people log in and play on a realm without it crashing and burning.

Or are you curious to see what happens when layering gets removed and thousands of players gather inside a capital city?

You’re completely wrong and just spouting nonsense. GLHF!

Agreed. Remove it!

1 Like

We should definitely remove layering while there’s this many trying to log in at once. 10 min wait to tag that named mob? Psh, let’s increase the competition so it’s an hour wait!

Stop defending it. It’s horrible.

1 Like

I’ve got plenty of time played and haven’t noticed a layering issue yet, because it’s a non issue.

1 Like

Layering cheapens the experience.