Remove Heirlooms, Keep Joyous Journeys

Tbc/wrath (retail progression servers) are familiar distractions that impede the Classic Team’s development of novel content (Classic+). With all the time invested in launching/maintaining rehashed expansions, a genuinely new phase of content could have been released instead.

1 Like

Blizzard is not going to develop World of Warcraft 2, their team isn’t capable of handling World of Warcraft 1. It would be horrible. Have you experienced Shadowlands?

No. Holy crap go away with these inane requests for ruining Wrath Classic. Blizzard has already caved to a vocal minority about RDF.

3 Likes

Why? So classic andys can hate everything about it?

No but that’s exactly where your server is headed.

I’m not sure what you mean. The Classic world of Azeroth has a bunch of nooks and crannies that can still be completed/content that never got its chance to shine during the original launch. Novel encounters inside The Timbermaw Hold would likely be received positively. I would certainly be interested in seeing it. Wouldn’t you?

Ok doomer.

2 Likes

No vision, no ambition. Content with the path of least resistance.

Maybe next time try leaving some context in your posts.

1 Like

You’re the context m8. It funny that you label me the doomer while spouting the hopelessness of Classic+.

lol it’s a fun idea but will realistically never happen and if it does it won’t be what you want it to be.

1 Like

Ok doomer.

Heirlooms serve multiple purposes:

1. They provide a much desired XP buff
  2. They encourage the leveling of alts
  3. They serve as a sink for currencies (gold, badges, honor, etc…) Earning said currencies also encourages gameplay from your higher-level toons

Don’t get me wrong, I’m having a blast with the Journey’s buff… but removing heirlooms would be a bad idea.

Which classic realm / cluster are you on btw? or do you and your guild have a discord I can join?

I play this Horde toon on the Classic Era (max level 60) realm of Incendius. It, along with its sister realms Benediction, Faerlina, Heartseeker, and Netherwind, comprise the NA PvP East Cluster. It is the smaller of the PvP clusters in Classic Era but it’s home. Our guildtag is also accurate on this forum avatar. I included a couple posts about it in this linked thread below as well as my battletag if you happen to be interested:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

1 Like

Your first and second point are handled by the joyous journeys buff, the last one, the more grind just moves to the alts when they hit cap to get their badge gear.

I think OP has a good thing here, I’m just a little lost on the points you’re trying to make as if they’re exclusive to a non-joyous journey period.

There’s always a demand for heroics. Heirlooms are something else to run heroics for. They are superior to the XP buff.

After playing with this buff on in classic the zones just flow. Previously if you wanted to move through goldshire/westfall/redridge/darkshire you would have to do a lot of grinding for xp to allow quest completion at the right level.

With the 50% buff on as you move from zone to zone it just feels right.

2 Likes

Shadowlands didn’t exist, it was a dream provided by N’zoth…

You believe classic+ will be good when those same developers are the guys making retail content? Really?