Remove Boosting in Wrath "Classic"

What are you talking about? You boosted a paladin.

See?

1 Like

I think most missed the point I (Aliandrel) was trying to make. Boosting IS detrimental to game play. Boosting DOES make it harder to level alts unless you are willing to pay gold or pay Blizz for a boost. Me personally, I could care less what you do. But if the argument for keeping LFD / RFD out of the game is to keep the game classic, to empower networking with others, and to not turn into retail, then boosting in any form should be removed from the game as well.
Boosting does not improve gameplay. it only allows you to skip most of the game and start working in the most recent content. What made classic up to MOP, which I think was the first xpac to offer a boost, was the difficulty in leveling a toon. It wasn’t easy. You put untold hours into the game. And when you xp bar disappears, you feel like you accomplished something. Boosts remove that. There is no accomplishment, just a ho-hum let’s get to max level as fast as possible so you can raid. That, ladies and gentlemen is what is killing retail and why you are here in classic. Not dungeon finder.

2 Likes

The point I (Aliandrel) was making is dungeon finder was added in Wrath as well, so if we must keep dungeon finder out to keep it “Classic”, then the barber shop should go to.

On a side note, I can’t wait for the barber shop to come in, my gnome needs facial hair, badly.

68 / 58 boost should be removed, dungeon finder should be added.

GG

3 Likes

Nobody’s complaining because contrary to what folks thought in BC, it didn’t actually flood the game with inexperienced players that whined and forced Blizz to nerf content into the ground.

If there’s a boost that should be banned, it should be the “Strat Boost 1000G a spot, no loot, stand at the entrance.”

van dyck beard
do it

Simple fix, adjust queue rewards so they pop, don’t make the dungeons overly obnoxious, and there’s a recipe to take boosting right out of the situation. Boosting didn’t really exist the first time around, usually you’d get a friend or someone to wreck the dungeon pro-bono. It wasn’t the profitable mechanic it is today. If TBC had been like that, boost or die essentially, back in 07 or whatever, I would not have stuck around. I would have had no money and the game would be hemorrhaging credibility with it’s not so subtle nod to the players with profitable mains being able to power level their alts, while new players or even just players who’d rather no stand in one spot for hours get kicked to the curb and gotta do it the hard way.

LFD brought me back from TBC quitsies because I was sick of all the good gear requiring me to bother a level 70 friend. The groups weren’t there, it’s not like I was picky when I was the only one near my level on my faction in that zone.

Just wear quest greens I guess, and don’t go near pvp they will shred you and act like it’s all about skill and talk incessantly about how you don’t deserve your spot and need to keep quiet while grownups in full purples speak. A conversation like that kicked me out of pvp for good, I wasn’t getting results fast enough, and was so garbo weak that in addition to being a one shot kill, I could dump my entire arsenal combo on someone and maybe get 1/4th of their life. Then they’d unfreeze and one shot me.

Just give us at least one server with the queue. I’ll be there. I think Wrath is still enough of an overall improvement over TBC (which I am playing grudgingly) but not having that queue kind of makes me look away from it and toward the next retail expansion.

But there could be three players left in classic and they’d be flexing that they are so much more hardcore than retail players, heck they’re the REAL players, it’s not everyone but a certain segment has a serious attitude problem. Like, if you like classic but hate the base game, just go to a pserver where you don’t need to pay the company. It makes you look hypocritical even if you’ve never installed retail.

And don’t even get me started on us WOW players who dabble in both, party line suggests such players do not exist. I just hope it’s still playable, because I won’t be there opening month 24/7 and I think that’s the only way you could get groups as well as the queue did.

They are taking my favorite aspect of leveling away. Least retail will let me be a cool dragon and level through queues. To me any Wrath: Ultimate Addition would have a raid finder too because those raids are neat but I’ll likely never see the inside of them as at best I’m three lists deep on any given waiting list, and probably wouldn’t perform well enough for them to keep me anyway. Tardive dyskinesia stole anything like skill I may have ever possessed.

1 Like

The official facial hair of the sex offender registry.

1 Like

People are too addicted to swiping their card for that instant gratification.

Personally I don’t get the appeal. It feels gross and makes my character feel like a soulless, disposable PTR template copy. But I suppose that lines up with how characters are treated now with how much emphasis is placed on having whatever character is most meta at any given point in time.

Don’t think they will ever be able to remove boosting. I think its more about cheeky changes these days than no changes.

Yeah!
Remove lvl 70 boosts,
but add 100% XP Boosts for 2 hours for $5 a piece. >:D
Make it happen Blizz!

This is excately what i was thinking too , I think they should keep boosting sense its already a thing in the game and not keep RDF