Remove BG Queue from Anywhere in Wrath

One of my favorite things in WOW is to do battlegrounds, but sadly in Wrath the community aspect of the battleground experience is reduced because Blizzard added in the ability to queue anywhere from the world and thus avoid having to travel to the main cities and join the queue from there. Not having to travel to the battlemaster and queue is immersion breaking for me. Not only that, it denies people of the ability to socialize with fellow battleground players who are also queueing up at the battlemaster. If blizzard keeps the queue anywhere from the world for battlegrounds then people will be denied this experience. I’ve met so many new friends while waiting for my queue, and I don’t think I’ll be able to do so if we can just queue from anywhere then run off. What’s the point of a battlemaster if you can just queue anywhere? Why even have PVP hubs?

Please blizzard, remove the world queue for battlegrounds in Wrath. Thank you!

7 Likes

No. Is this bait?

I hate having to queue, fly off in a rush to a daily, get ported back after bg, queue, fly off in a rush to resume daily…

9 Likes

You’re not entitled to that though. In-game travel is a core part of the MMO experience. Stripping that away is one of the reasons why we ended up in retail.

6 Likes

Blizzard should go further than this and remove the city Battlemasters all together. If you want to do a BG, you’ll have to go to the entrance itself. If a teleportation queue is bad for dungeons, BGs shouldn’t have it either. :clown_face:

20 Likes

We are in WotLK. Cope.

:sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

I don’t understand, Blizzard has clearly committed to improving the in-game community aspect of WoTLK with their proposed modifications. I’m just asking for another request in-line with their plans.

1 Like

That much is clear.

3 Likes

Agreed. Make it so you have to rp walk to the battleground portals while /saluting all npcs you encounter and wait in a single file line to enter the bg, no cutting. Remove AH also, it kills interaction, make people have to trade for everything.

Mounts should also go because immersion.

And while you’re at it, remove gold. Currencies are evil and lead to greediness, people should have to barter like our ancestors did.

7 Likes

Unpopular opinion: This is actually a good idea.

Everyone has to join battlegrounds at the instance portal, but you can queue your whole group if one person goes there.

Remove the battlemasters.

On Battleground weekends, the NPCs wandering the cities offer a teleport to the battleground entrance zone.

What this does is when players are queueing for a battleground, they can see other players doing the same thing around them. That way they can chat and duel in between queues, and group up for the battleground. This is social gameplay.

Queueing from anywhere is efficient, but you’ve got this world where people are appearing and disappearing constantly.

1 Like

By your own logic for immersive game experience we should go back to how it was in original release of WoW when you had to travel to the respective territories of Alterac Mountains, Ashenvale, and Arathi Highlands to queue for AV, WSG, and AB.

2 Likes

i want to make a new thread but ill just post it here,

dear blizz pls remove the AH, it removes the social aspect of typing “selling linen cloth 1g per” in trade chat

I mean you’re kidding right like is this a troll is this honestly a troll post I mean if you’re trying to be a troll well done but really I mean really you’re a little late to the party on that bro we’re in tbc almost to wrath.

I mean you’re a little late for this to be even yeah even jokingly relevant just saying like if you’re trying to make a point with RFD OK fine but this isn’t a very good way to do it

Lol immersion for ‘your’ sake at a detriment to basically the ENTIRE pvp community is sure to go down faster than a dps who over-aggroed on Brutallus.

Cross realm BGs KILL this immdiately as unless you are on a mega server (or in my case playing OCE) you will almost never queue into a BG with any significant number of people from your sever.

Now your just adding 5-15 minutes to EVERY pvpers day AND giving them NOTHING to do while they wait… sure they can duel and ‘socialize’, but I am sure many would rather be doing something that is productive to their character progression… like dailies or farming.

BGs are mainly just thier to facillitate the gear progression into arena, which you DO have to queue up for AND they are in a social space you can duel in (Dalaran Sewers).

If you Want the experience you are looking for, actually commit to being a pvper and play arena rather than kicking everyone in the shins who already have to grind an obscene amount of honor just so you can be ‘immersed’.

2 Likes

Of course this needs to come with removal of all FPs as well.

I’d be fine with this, actually.

He’s trolling

We ended up in retail because the players changed. Blizzard attempted to change with it and it’s been hit or miss the entire time. Unfortunately all of the attempts at progressing the game have failed, and we ended up with systemlands

I know this is bait but i’d take this providing there’s no LFD. Fair trade.

If we can’t have teleporting LFD then you shouldn’t have teleporting BG.

2 Likes

Might as well get rid of global channels and linked Auction houses,