Remove Arcane Spark

Dear god please remove Arcane Spark.

We get it, whoever made it is really proud of it, but the specs been unplayable going on 2 expacs now.

I beg of you. Just remove it in the rework. Please.

Please.

You mean Radiant Spark ?

And what even bother you with it ? Dont you like to hit 500k ABarr ?

It’s not getting removed and nor should it.

I don’t give its name the time of day as its so atrocious. Its annoying to play around it.

The state of Arcane is actually tragic at the moment, and I can’t believe people are cheering it on.

Every other mage I’ve spoken to loathes spark in particular.

Says who?

So no one.

You can put me on that list, although “loathe” might be too strong a word for how I feel about Spark. I just find it incredibly boring. Poor visual (if any), just another thing to cram into the weird priority list for the Big Damage window. I feel the same about spriests’ Mind Games. It sure is… there. An ever-present reminder that Shadowlands happened despite the entire community wishing it hadn’t, lol.

3 Likes

It’s funny you called it “Arcane Spark.” I probably wouldn’t take such an issue with it if it actually looked anything like an Arcane spell. What makes me incensed the most is the fact that it was straight up copy and pasted from the SL Covenant system with zero effort to properly integrate it into the spec.

Those concerns aside, I also agree that the spell is incredibly frustrating to play around and feels clunky to use, especially now that RoP is gone and almost no one takes Arcane Harmony anymore. That entire house of cards that produced the massive 500,000+ Arcane Barrage crits is gone for all intents and purposes come the next patch.

If the mechanics behind Radiant Spark are to be kept in the game they should simply be merged in with Touch of the Magi.

Same. Just like RoP, or should I say RiP now, muahahaha!

Nope, pretty much everyone. Going back to SL when it was a Covenant ability. RS, despite its synergy with Arcane, was no more popular than any of the other Covenant abilities and many players (myself included) actively avoided choosing it.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen anyone that actively plays arcane actually complaining. Ingus plays frost. You don’t really play much

Also claiming “pretty much everyone” is a massive stretch and you know it.

IGnus, thank you. Also this is the first expansion I’ve been Frost, I’ve been Arcane exclusively in the past. I leveled through Dragonflight as Arcane, where I very much disliked having to take both Spark and Shifting Power, and quickly realized what an awful nightmare it was in Vault of the Incarnates and that’s why I swapped.

The increased Spark duration is a welcome change and makes it far more manageable, but it doesn’t change my opinion of the spell as boring and extraneous. A lot of these Covenant talents feel incredibly shoe-horned in, for all classes, as if the devs feared the post-Legion “but my class feels weak without x borrowed power :(” complaints and tried to bandaid it ahead of time. Bloat’s been a common complaint this expansion.

If you like Radiant Spark? Great! Happy for you. “Big number go brrr” is a valid. But to say “nobody dislikes it” is definitely incorrect, just as much as “everyone hates it.”

5 Likes

In PvP, I dislike it, as well. I’d like it more if they make the increased damage (40%) hit happen first instead of last but that may be OP.

But overall, its just another thing to cast and keep up with. Arcane Harmony with Nether Precision, ROP, and arcane surge, also making sure you haven’t already used your presence of mind so you can get the last two hits off without being interrupted, ALSO making sure you aren’t interrupted on the first two cast otherwise the damage modifier duration will run out before you are able to cast again… yeah too much to keep up with

Not sure who you are quoting, but big numbers make more of a CHA-CHING sound. Sometimes I need to even turn off my headset, when i need a break.

Are you running the Phosphorus weakaura too? :joy:

1 Like

Yup! should be interesting with orb barrage next week in M+