Remove all rewards from people who got banned

+1 for a like from Kfed.

I did mine on a level 54 druid and it’s bnet wide. All my bears :bear: are green bears :bear:

:bear:

(Hehe bear emoji)

Just as a GM to give you the mount. That’s how I got mine.

Dunno about locking them out of it, but I’d say strip every achievement they’ve gotten ever, since their whole account is called into question at that point. I’d definitely say make their titles unobtainable for them again though.

If you didn’t earn it, you don’t deserve, and that’s the whole problem I have with it. I’d say most of us have jobs, maybe even families and yet we’re still able to earn things…simple fact, if you didn’t earn it and got it from trickery, you don’t deserve it.

I think this was something Blizzard should have stayed out of. If people want to risk their accounts by sharing them with someone they don’t know, that’s on them.

The other part of this, where people “accidentally” get banned because of whatever reason is unacceptable. If Blizzard’s system cannot prevent this from happening, they should not be using the system.

1 Like

I strongly disagree with you. They are account sharing to cheat and gain rewards they did not earn themselves. Blizzard can, and should, enforce the rules. It is their game and they are supposed to be involved in what goes on inside it. Why would they “stay out” of their own game environment that they are supposed to be controlling?

Account sharing with your family in your own house? Hard to prove and certainly a risk. In that case if a family member causes issues Blizz won’t help because they can’t prove a compromise or account sharing. That is the situation they sort of stay out of - where they can’t control who sits down at your desk.

Yeah… that is not what happened. It is VERY rare false positives happen. That is what appeals are for. They don’t just look at the IP address you know. It is far more involved.

The idea that one false positive means everyone else should get away with cheating is just not something I can ever support. That is like saying we should not have cops or laws because sometimes they make a mistake.

People should think things through.

• Authenticator removed
  • Major IP change
  • Login from new computer
  • Specific content done with rewards
  • Major IP change
  • Password change
  • Autenticator put back on

Stuff like that is not an accident.

3 Likes

It isn’t a “rare” false positive and if people didn’t do anything wrong, why should they have to go through any appeals process. Their system is flawed if people are getting banned when they did nothing wrong.

Yet you probably have zero problem with people boosting, nor I am sure do you have any problem with Mythic raiders carrying people through raids and then taking the gear they did not earn so they can quickly gear up for the mythic race.

Both of these things involve people who did not earn the rewards themselves and both are done with Blizzard’s approval.

The only difference between these things is the fact that if you account share, you risk your account being ripped off. And if that happens, then too bad, so sad. You took the risk, you live with the consequences of that risk.

2 Likes

Why?

The sharing of accounts, especially when realm money is involved, has always been against the rules.

1 Like

For three reasons.

First being the fact that when Blizzard gets involved, they always end up banning people who have done nothing wrong and then make those people go through an appeal process in order to “prove” they did nothing wrong.

Second, it is a personal risk that the person makes when they allow someone on their account. Taking that risk does not exploit game mechanics or harm the game in any way (see reason 3).

Third, Blizzard not only allows boosting but patriciates in it as well. If you look back at post, most of the “outrage” is because people who do this type of boosting receive rewards they didn’t earn. This applies to any type of boosting. If you’re being carried in a M+, Arena, Rated BG, Raid, you are also getting rewards that you did not earn.

4 Likes

Be careful, Firehearth, you’re speaking truth and Blizz doesn’t like truth.

The whole point of something like mage tower skin and mount is for the achievement/prestige/completionist/bragging rights. Having more in the game lowers this value.

No, but unlike your end-game gear that will be useless in a year’s time, the achievement/transmog/mount will persist until the game ends.

It was also nerfed in the first 2 weeks with the event extended. Also, the difficulty increases the value of the achievement for people with the bear skin/mount. Not to mention most of the challenges didn’t require you to farm legion raids to finish at all.

You also get a totally different set of rewards than the original Mage Tower, not to mention there are quite a few people who have done at least 1 of the challenges during the Timewalking. Furthermore the original MT upon release had comparable difficulties for most challenges as the TW version and only got a lot easier with better gear later.

Those people are sharing accounts, even if for a short period, which is against the TOS for ANY game, not just WoW. Also, for many people, transmogs/achievemnts are just as much part of the end-game as maxed out gear.

If people are willing to pay for carries + allow strangers on their accounts, risk bans and get angry for receiving those bans, then it very clearly does matter. It’s ironic that you would argue that transmogs/mounts don’t matter when the only reason someone would go through all of that is because that stuff matters to them.

Should have spent those 100s of attempts farming gear and getting good.

lol you’re doing this but yet every person who exploited to get the pandaria mounts on their evoker got to keep them and everyone else can get bent.

Because it was Blizzard fault. It was reported and they ignored it.

How did the evokers know that it was not intended? Blizzard had plenty of time to fix it and did not. Lets not punish the people who gave us all an increase mount drop rate :slight_smile: