Removal of Brutosaur mount

Why though? Are repair or transmog mounts bad?

It’s so easy to have a bank/AH alt where all you need is a mailbox or just port to your capital city with the many many ways to do that.

I understand that my argument also makes the removal of the mount a non-big deal as well. It’s super easy to access the AH

2 Likes

i wouldnt be as annoyed if they made another brutosaur mount. like a 3 seater or something? :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Oh, I totally agree that Blizzard’s excuse is Tauren doody, too. I was just saying the OP’s argument is conspiracy-theory level of dumb.

Agreed - the answer is a lot more simple; cash.money.

5m gold is difficult enough for most people - with the new strategies for controlling inflation; it’ll never be as common as the repair/xmog mounts.

1 Like

I gave up, it would be nice to have but I earn gold so slowly and spend it so quickly thanks to blizzards “Let’s turn crafting into a nightmare” mentality. Seriously why does ONE item need to cost 15-25 ore and only give ONE skill point!? Unless someone was to mail me five million gold there’s no way in hell I’m ever owning one.

Where did you hear that? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That’s still plenty of time. Infact, that number alone is more then enough. 17k * 300 is 5,100,000.

But this isn’t 300 days, it’s 362 days. That number alone can give you like 6,154,000 gold. If you want a more lenient number, 13.85k over the coarse of 362 days would just give you 5,013,700. or 14k will be 5,068,000. Sure the closer you are to the end day, the less money you have that isn’t met to the daily goal, the more you have to set which in turn the more you have to make to set the said daily goal. If you basically frequent the AH getting mats, gear and etc, you would do fine. Heck, you might hit in big on a blue moon with a rare pet, gear piece or mount, etc.

Well after WoD, i doubt they will ever put out an expansion very early again. So a Summer release or an Autumn release will never happen.

I would argue it’s not the only reason, if you look at the WoW tokens, and the fact the insane high price of this mount, cynical side of me is they were hoping people would spend money on the WoW tokens to get it and this artificial scarcity ala “retiring it” would hopefully drive those sales up, but i digress.

I never seen the brutosaur mount as anything useful personally speaking, or at least on the same level as tmog/repair vendors, considering every city has an AH. Every place has a repair vendor, yes, but if we look at the prices of 10k vs 5 million gold, you will see the stark differences in returns of usefulness. I have no idea what Wotlk’s is like, il admit that, but i would imagine in that game, it wouldn’t be too difficult to get gold. Let alone 10k.

It’s standard of Blizz to do first then think of the consequences after.

They have been saying for years that they want people to keep going back to the main city’s for interacting with other people.

With the portable AH mount you’ll find hardly anybody in there.

Very true.

1 Like

I only wanted a giant sauropod mount. They have several different versions in the database–most without any sort of vendor–but the only one they made available to players is the ridiculously priced Mighty Caravan Brutosaur with an AH vendor. I’d be perfectly happy if they put one or more of the plain versions on the vendors if they insist on removing the MCB.

We’ll have to agree to disagree about the timing of Shadowlands. There’s no way we have a year now in any case because it has to launch in 2020. I’ve been working as hard as I can, but I can’t even make 10k gold a day. I just don’t have that kind of time.

So, unless they decide to make another brutosaur mount available on the vendors, my dream of a sauropod mount has been shattered. (Ever the optimist, I’m still working toward earning the 5 mil. I see no reason to give up. At the very least I’ll have earned enough to buy a bunch of other mounts.)

3 Likes

I agree. I think it’s particularly silly of Blizzard to just make the AH bruto the only option to get and not have others variations at launch like they did with the Yaks and Mammoths prior.

4 Likes

Sorry bud. This isn’t gear or the ability to do in game content. This is superficial show off crap. And YES, that needs extreme rarity, and catering to elites for those who care.

If you care to be an elite in the realm of a mount of all things, then you lose. You are worse. And that’s just fine in the realm of the unimportant.

Agreed, that would be really low.

I wish they would make another (more affordable) mount that doesn’t have the vendors, even a regular one-seater for those of us that would just like to ride around on a brontosaurus.

1 Like

I don’t think they ever meant the mount to appeal to most players.

I think they knew they had a tiny fraction of players who were AH goblins and had much more gold than other players, and they wanted to both come up with a way to award that playstyle while also draining away a bunch of that gold.

So - eureka - a ridiculously expensive mount whose feature is most valuable to players who spend a ton of time on the AH. Match made.

If you’re not one of those AH goblins, just cross the mount off your list and never think about it again. It’s not like they expected you to come up with 5 mil gold and you somehow lost the game.

I’d say I guess it sucks for completionists, but it’s really nothing new when compared to other very low frequency mounts like the arena champion mounts, etc. No one was realistically going to become a top 0.5% pvp player just to get a mount, just like no one who wasn’t already making major gold was going to suddenly start doing that either.

2 Likes

I think every in-game mount costing more than 10, 000 gold at most should be deleted, I remember a time when you farmed reputation for ages with a faction and then only had to pay 2k to get the mount reward, now some vendors at exalted asking for 70k after getting exalted with them, sorry but that’s just criminal

2 Likes

They just want to encourage more multiboxing, more people cheating = more profit.

Well that’s a valid point, the truth of the matter is I’ve seen people unsub over a;ll kinds of things, toxic community, lack of flying, their class was nerfed, simply nothing to do…

But I’ve never seen a single person unsub state explicitly they are leaving because of multiboxers.

Oh I would never quit over multiboxing. It definitely makes this game feel less legitimate though and is extremely immersion breaking as an RP minded player to see a multiboxer doing their glitchy movement that could only be done by someone exploiting hardware. Until they make it a bannable offense, I’m going to state my opinion on it being really harmful to the game and a form of cheating that isn’t officially recognized as such. Even though it is by objective definition, cheating.

Well that’s the point, if people feel that strongly about it the only way is to really unsub over it in protest to demand ‘fair play’ if we don’t take it that seriously we can’t expect Blizzard to

Well it feels bad to be called a cheater, so if we drill it into the minds of our fellow players that multiboxing is cheating that blizzard allows, less people will do it. It won’t stop everyone, but those that do it despite being viewed as cheaters will feel dirty for doing it. As they should.

It is literally cheating that blizzard enables because it is a way of increasing profit.

I find that naming and shaming people for stuff rarely works, if anything it makes people defensive.