Remix Heirlooms

Got Hellscream’s warstaff in the remix, and now am leveling an alt caster (destro lock) was trying to figure out what gems are best for the staff? says 2 prismatic gem sockets but i cant figure out what to put in them. idk about old jewlcrafting only the new stuff.

Geme and Enchants scale on Heirlooms, so you can use any Gems, even current expansion ones.

From what I’ve read, the gems scale differently at different levels. So if you want to hyper-optimize, you would check stats at various levels and replace the gems accordingly. That sounds like a lot of work to me.

The last time we actually had Int gems was in BfA, so if going for Int (which I would at lower levels) I’d picl up Kraken’s Eyes of Intellect or Leviathan’s Eyes. But they will become less relatively powerful past 50-60.

Past the level where those are useful, I’d just go for DF or SL or current expansion gems with your spec’s best secondary stats. Personally, I don’t find looms worth the price beyond level 50 or so, but if you do. and you don’t want to bother switching gems, those are what I’d get.