Reminder to take the BfA uproar with a grain of salt

Although it is widely accepted that the game currently has problems, I’d like to emphasize the importance of thinking for yourself. Ask yourself: “Do I sincerely believe that Actiblizzard is deliberately driving this multi-million dollar game into the ground?” Although people with negative opinions are significantly more vocal about it, that doesn’t necessarily mean they are the majority.
As for the problems frequently talked about the next patch coming next Tuesday will address many of them, including but not limited to:

• Azerite traits
  • Azerite gear availability
  • Class tuning
  • Professions

Call me an Activision shill or an alt of Ion all you want; freedom of opinion is by all means justified. All I ask is to be more aware of the threat of mass hysteria. A mob mentality is the last thing this prestigious game needs.

66 Likes

I’m glad they acknowledged the issues with the Azerite armor, and have put in some fixes towards Mythic+ for folks. I’m looking forward to seeing how it affects 8.1 with the gameplay tuning, and especially with the new raid.

Professions are still a giant steaming heap of a mess, and there’s no sign that’s changing anytime soon. Adding an Expulsom vendor or something would be helpful to let folks trade in the ones they don’t need, or give the ability to spend War Resources on them. They also really need to make the BoP epic craftable items into BoE, so folks can trade/sell them.

The new Darkshore Warfront looks decent, but again, the gear is staying the same as the old Warfront/LFR, so, not really that much point to grinding those unless you desperately want the transmog.

They’re doing a better job communicating things at the moment. It’s just frustrating that it took this long to get partial answers for stuff that should have been addressed at launch.

13 Likes

talents are still a mess

prot warriors have one build. any other talent choices besides bolster, into the fray and booming voice are objectively bad choices

sudden death still sucks when execute range hits. carnage is a broken talent that the other two simply cannot compete with. it increases enrage uptime in a way the other two flat out do not. how someone who gets paid to design classes misses this is beyond me.

i don’t play anything else but talents across the board for warriors are very boring and with no changes, will still be boring.

14 Likes

Strawman, no one believes they’re deliberatly sabotaging the game. They’re unintentionally doing it by trying to turn WoW into Farmville and neglecting how fun the game is to play versus how long it takes to play.

121 Likes

Of course I don’t believe they are intentionally wrecking their game.

But am I sure that I myself am having less fun now than I was in 7.3.5? Yes, yes I am. Am I further sure that other than my weekly raid night, almost all my recent playtime is in pre-BfA content? Yes, yes I am.

Do I wish for new leadership that was more focused on fun and less on spending resources to remove fun? (i.e., WQGF, full-service mission tables, class abilities and fluid rotations?) Yes, yes I do.

79 Likes

I’ve been visiting the forums since BC and they’ve always been negative, yet I remained positive until BfA. I guess it only took me 10 years to finally succumb to the mob mentality?

14 Likes

Too bad this doesn’t fix the main issue with Azerite Gear. It is boring and doesn’t feel like progression.

Some minor fixes but they don’t resolve the issues with either Class Balance or Professions. They are adding epic 340 ilvel gear to professions. In a patch that rewards 370 gear from the base level of content. This doesn’t help professions.

27 Likes

lots of bfa damage control today,

69 Likes

You can call it a straw man all you want but I’ve seen people post that they think it’s being done intentionally

5 Likes

Okay…okay…what on earth does “Strawman” mean? :confused:

3 Likes

OP, I don’t think they intentionally want to destroy WoW. But they are destroying WoW.

These next few patches are a complete insult and show that Blizzard is not really listening to the feedback. In some ways, 8.1 is actually worse than the current state of BFA, which either goes to show that the lead time for patches is longer than we all think or WoW is in maintenance mode and Blizzard no longer cares.

Either way, not good for the future of WoW and I for one have not been playing the past few months, despite being subbed for years to come.

22 Likes

Yes, plenty of people think Activision wants Blizzard to intentionally sabotage the most profitable game of all time.

Who do you think you’re fooling?

6 Likes

They aren’t sabotaging overwatch

7 Likes

And of course all of the people posting that the game is fine are the majority. You forgot the obligatory “forum posters are not a true representative of the in-game community”.

I fully support your right to express your opinion on the subject but, since it just the opposite propaganda of that for which you speak against, you need to read up on the subject of mathematical statistics and samples. Not every opinion that differs from your own comes from a minority. Just a reminder.

13 Likes

Considering it’s going to take 5-6 weeks for base gear to be 370 – aka Season 2 – I guess this will help professions for a short while. Better get those crafting materials ASAP.

I’m enjoying myself and I don’t care what other people are whining about. :blush:

13 Likes

My issues with the game started at Legion and the new game design. While it isn’t horrible, it’s not going to kill off the game or even bring it down from being the “king”-- I just made me stop chasing the end game.

I’d been pretty much and end game chaser since Cata and Legion broke that from me.

So I take the up roar with very little seriousness and take the game a whole less serious as well. :rainbow:

Plays Paladin. Says games fine.

Try playing a shaman.

11 Likes

Try playing shaman on next Tuesday

5 Likes

As for the problems frequently talked about the next patch coming next Tuesday will address many of them, including but not limited to:

Azerite traits
Azerite gear availability
Class tuning
Professions

I don’t think it effectively addresses any of them because most of the 8.1 content is a nod to or band-aid fix. Blizzard will prob have something new going into 8.2.5. either to get us to forget the Azerite garbage that is current or an adjustment in the form of making it more like the Legion artifact weapon but that’s all the tuning you’re likely to see this expansion unless they take class design and balance more seriously.

Either way, Locking a talent or trait behind loot and not the actual class talent tree just begs for the community to get riled up.
So to answer your question, no I don’t think Blizzard is trying to kill their own IP, but leaving the classes in a crap state and expecting people to continue to pay to play is a bit much.

I’ve played WoW since vanilla, I quit during WOD as it just plain sucked and I feel BFA is worse. I never understood why a company like Blizzard would release an expansion with classes not done. If our abilities are an interface to our characters then our characters are the interface with the world, story, and everything else included in the expansion. Even if you had to release early to satisfy investors, then at least make fixing the classes a priority.

Not just a few but all of the classes need some attention, some are too strong, some too weak, some can’t/don’t PvP well, others can’t/don’t PVE well. I am not saying Legion didn’t have issues, but by this time we were well into the next patches (7.1-7.1.5) in Legion and some of the artifact unlocks were alleviating this issue.

Patch 8.1 will not fix this and I am doubting 8.2 will address many of these issues.

It’s funny I can remember a time when the community could somewhat interact with the developers and quite a few folks in the community pushed for some changes to rogue class (PVE) in WOTLK that had they been left in place, would’ve killed the fun in that class for PVE content. Other classes not so much; the community really clashed on the warlock changes in that same expansion as Warlocks lost the ability to help themselves out of a jam in PvP situations because of the change in fear and not giving the class an offset mechanic to help escapes unless said warlock knows he/she’s gonna be ganked or targeted. To me, that expansion’s big issue was the number and how often the classes were changed/tweaked after the expansion launched and letting DK’s and Pally’s ride too long on being way way way over powered but even with a few missed/false steps at least Blizzard was trying and making changes to the classes.

We have an expansion focused on war and I am assuming large scale PvP since we now have War mode but there are classes I would NEVER solo quest with warmode on.

7 Likes