Reminder: Blizzard was explicitly against dual spec being in TBC

bluetracker.gg/wow/topic/us-en/98646792-we-need-free-respecs-or-spec-swapping/

In case people don’t remember, this was a very important design facet that must be maintained for TBC authenticity.

Pally seals and FvF or whatever other changes they’ve done are not the same, and we have no evidence of a similarly passionate stance on those elements.

Not having dual spec was inherent and important to the TBC experience, more so than any of those, and thus it must be maintained as a central design tenet of the expansion. Just as inherent as the design of your talent trees. Some things are just immune to #somechanges. It’s like asking for talent buffs or new raids. It’s simply not in the cards.

Sorry folks.

27 Likes
11 Likes

They were against character boosts too. That was 2007 though.

19 Likes

This is basically a rehash of this thread:

#SomeChanges

2 Likes

How they felt during WOTLK (pre-implementation no less lol) is actually irrelevant to preserving the actual design of TBC though.

Also, it’s cherry picking on your part, because if we move forward a bit more in time, they actually have pretty mixed feelings on dual spec after-the-fact.

Sorry dude.

6 Likes

Can’t afford respec costs? Try playing the game!

11 Likes

No dual spec is immune to #somechanges. Sorry.

4 Likes

And the slippery slope continues.

9 Likes

That video was 5 months before WoTLK released, they were already working on it at that time. They decided sometime during TBC to start developing Dual Spec because of problems that arose during TBC.

4 Likes

Go back to Classic.

I’m aware.

It’s still a pre-implementation take and completely ignores how they actually felt about it in hindsight, which we know is either negative or at the very least mixed.

Sorry but the “how the devs feel” angle doesn’t work for you.

3 Likes

You know Ghostcrawler had mixed feelings about Dual Spec as of 2017. Ghostcrawler wasn’t even the lead designer.

They started to develop Dual Spec during TBC because of problems that arose in TBC. Thanks for creating another Dual Spec thread, btw. We need more bad takes from you and the other anti-TBC posters to help bring this issue to the devs’ attention.

4 Likes

Since TBC ended without dual spec and they had convictions for why, it’s important we experience TBC, again, without it. For better or worse.

5 Likes

Utter tripe.

1 Like

a narcissistic viewpoint, you don’t know what’s best for this game.

4 Likes

You can’t use “Well they felt this during a time in TBC…” even though it was actually never implemented, as a reason for them to implement it here, while ignoring “Well they felt this way after it got added”.

The former has just as much relevance as the latter if you’re going off of “dev feelings”.

Maybe Blizz saw the logic then and hence, developed it to add in WOTLK. This also doesn’t necessarily mean they would have wanted it to be in TBC, so this is a logical fallacy on its own.

I’m totally cool with dual spec coming in to the game when WOTLK Classic happens, if it does.

5 Likes

“Maybe”

:rofl:

You so dishonest. Your whole thread is dishonest.

You don’t even care if what you say is true, you’ll just lie over and over again to get what you want.

1 Like

You’re the only person I’ve seen on this forum that literally cherry picks one word from a post to respond to, usually with irrelevant criticism to the actual discussion.

As if the fact I used the word “maybe” invalidates the entire point I made, lol. In fact, the word “maybe” is actually the point, because I was criticizing the speculation aspect of Delimicus’s argument.

7 Likes

They developed it to add it to the game, itt happened to be finished after WoTLK was released. They straight up said they did not balance the game with Dual Spec in mind. Every single thing they listed as a reason to implement Dual Spec were problems that arose during TBC.

3 Likes

Thank god you aren’t developing the game lmfao

2 Likes