Remember when DK's had a raid buff?

Once upon a time, we DK’s didn’t have to wait around and beg for a warrior to battle shout us. We blew into our Horns of Winter and inspired everyone else with a 10% attack power increase. When not in a raid group, we blew into our horns anyways and enjoyed the buff while going out our business in the open world.

This may seem very petty compared to the more important issues plaguing our class right now, but does anyone else miss having a raid buff? Or is it just me?

8 Likes

I miss it as well. I wish it was baseline again and the current talent for for frost DKs adds to it but makes it 1min 30 or 2 min CD then add it to the other specs

4 Likes

I definitely miss it.

Removing those buffs were a poor decision on pruning on Blizzard part. They helped the class be broadly more useful and added much needed class fantasy, both of which made the class feel a lot better.

5 Likes

Removing wasnt really poor decision, giving it back to a a single class was.

I disagree. Much of the pruning was unnecessary and made too many classes just overall feel worse. DK was no different.

Taking away core class fantasy abilities like Presences, removing the Horn of Winter buff, and gutting core long term abilities like Anti-magic Zone to a PvP-only talent was harsh and felt terrible.

6 Likes

So if runes recharged as soon as you used them and Runic emp made all runes come off cool down when procing that would make us less rune starved yes? Would we still need a mini empower. Also would you mini erw split off of horn and horn can go back to being a party raid buff

1 Like

I skipped all of Legion and half of WoD, I assume the pruning was somewhere in between there. Imagine how happy I was when I started playing in BFA again and I couldn’t find so many baseline abilities! Some of them becoming class specific, some useless talents, others just disappeared into nothingness… Loved it. I don’t need more than like 4-5 buttons to regularly push anyways, tops. If anything, there’s still room for more pruning. Less is more I say.

Actually technically Warriors are not the only class that have a Battle Shout. Many players seem to forget that while they are not the best current spec in terms of DPS a Beast Master Hunter can actually have a pet that offers every single Raid Wide Ability. So if you consider this Hunters by default of this have access to all of them except for Arcane Intelligence from memory.

[Pathfinding] - gain 8% increased movement speed.

[Master’s Call] - Your pet removes all root and movement impairing effects from itself and a friendly target, and grants immunity to all such effects for 4 sec

[Predator’s Thirst] - You and your pet gain 10% Leech.

[Primal Rage] - Increases haste by 30% for all party and raid members for 40 sec. Allies receiving this effect will become Sated and unable to benefit from Primal Rage or similar effects again for 10 min.

[Survival of the Fittest] - Reduces all damage taken by 20% for 6 sec.

[Endurance Training] - Gain 5% increased maximum health.

Etc. the list goes on some pets even have Battle Rez for example…

Yet DK’s a not allowed to have access to one beneficial party Buff other than Battle Rez. Two other classes have battle rez and actually bring much greater flexibility, utility and advantages to the group and raid than a DK does which is the crazy part of all of this.

Amen bro, Amen.

Most of these only affect the hunter and/or pet alone. They don’t affect any other players. Only the Bloodlust effect from Ferocity pets affects the entire group. Also, pets no longer have a battle rez that affects players. Just the ability to instantly rez the pet itself (like the old Heart of the Phoenix Ferocity pets used to have).

I remember I used to have horn of winter macrod with some drinking horn that boosted stats from bc and made your character smashed. I miss that macro…

2 Likes