Remaining 'in combat' in PvP far longer than we ever did on retail

I’m probably late to the party on this one as I only recently got into PvP in TBC, but its unmistakable that combat state is persisting WAY longer than it ever did in the past.

I’ve been PvPing on my warrior alt just as i had in TBC around 2007. Back then you could disengage a target (fear, hamstring, etc.) and as long as you didnt attack for 5-6 seconds combat would drop. This was always a useful tactic in the past to make ‘Charge’ available again, but is now impossible.

FFW to current state of TBC and dozens of times per day I will disengage for 15-20 seconds and still be stuck in combat with a player 30 yards away. In one case I was defending farm in AB, player attacked, changed his mind and ran away, combat didn’t drop until 30s later. No DoT on me, no debuff of any kind, no actions taken, just stuck in combat.

Something is most definitely wrong with the code here, and I’m surprised this hasn’t been a topic of focus by now.

And i see I’m not the first to notice it. Combat state persisting for far too long in PvP

1 Like