Release Schedule Question for Cata

Hey guys I saw the official release date is on May 20th does that mean the raids are going to be unlocked at that day? Or they will be released in a separate date afterwards? Sorry If I missed anything but I cannot seem to find a post about this.

2 Likes

They havent said but i assume raids will be locked for at least 1 week as per usual.

Who knows these days though. Guess we will find out on may 18th or so.

3 Likes

Got it thanks!

This is documented in the Blizzard release announcement. It’s not hard to find.

They listed what is in the prepatch. Raids not mentioned. They listed what is in the full release. Raids mentioned.

1 Like

Says there’s 3 at launch, so that sounds like they’re open on day one.

2 Likes

I see different, but I really don’t care.

I’m gonna be honest, I’m not real sure what the point of the replies are when you don’t give any information. So why reply at all?

Anyways, this is from the bnet launcher itself, “The Cataclysm Classic Pre-Expansion Patch Goes Live April 30” one that was posted on April 9th.

What’s Inside Cataclysm Classic

With the launch of Cataclysm Classic on May 20, players will begin their journey from level 80 to 85 through new zones, new dungeons and raids, engage in PvP combat in Tol Barad, and delve further into the mysteries of the Darkmoon Faire on Darkmoon Island.

• 7 New Zones: Mount Hyjal, Vash’jir, Twilight Highlands, Uldum, Deepholm, Kezan, and Gilneas.
  • 9 New Dungeons**:** Blackrock Caverns, Throne of the Tides, Vortex Pinnacle, The Stonecore, The Lost City of Tol’vir, The Halls of Origination, Grim Batol, Deadmines, Shadowfang Keep
  • Dungeon Journal Introduced
  • 3 New Raid Dungeons: Throne of the Four Winds, Blackwing Descent, and Bastion of Twilight
  • Boss Based Raid Lock system: Allowing players to do either the 10 or 25-player raid version of each boss in the same week. Lockouts are based on individual boss.
  • Tol Barad PvP Zone
  • Darkmoon Island: Discover the mysteries Silas Darkmoon has in store for you.
  • Flying in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor

So yeah, the image just above it in the post says “5 new raids (3 at launch)” which with that wording makes it seem as if they will be open immediately. Though I suppose Naxx is a launch raid as well, but wasn’t open for a week? Who could tell, all we can do is wait and see.

2 Likes

3 at CATA launch. NOT PRELAUNCH. The prepatch section makes ZERO reference to raids. But as I said, I really don’t care.

And if you open your eyes they (the OP) are asking what we get on May 20th… THE LAUNCH, NOT THE PRELAUNCH

4 Likes

No one’s talking about the pre launch section here, we’re talking about post launch, May 20th onward. Is not caring also mean you’re not paying attention?

3 Likes

Well aren’t you the little ray of sunshine. Boor off.

1 Like

Wow didn’t expect the heat coming on so fast lol but thank you guys for the info, yea I kind got confused reading 5 new raids (3 at launch) and wondering how that’s gonna work. I do wanna play raid with my guild but if they gonna open raid at launch(may 20th) I’m worried I don’t have enough time lol.
Anyway hopefully we get more info later in the pre-patch as I thought I might have missed something, thanks guys!

1 Like

Even though the wording says the raids come at launch, Blizzard doesn’t have a good history of promotional wording being accurate.
If raids are open week one, only a small % will be able to see them. They’ve also never done that in the past.

1 Like

Raids in Classic seem to launch on Thursdays. Not Tuesdays. So I will just assumes this continues. It isn’t documented or confirmed but its consistent and uses the history of classic as a guide post.

So I would say early guess would be a few things:

1. Right at release – Just because its possible but I think so. But it is a Thursday. So… hey its possible but it just turns raids into who can take off work, no life the game, and all that.

2. The fallowing Thursday – My guess is this. Gives the week to level and is consistent with WOTLK. Lets people prep, get professions worked on, run some heroics… and give the game a weekend to breath in.

3. The latest probably the next Thursday after that. I consider this pretty unlikely. Way to fast of a release cycle between raid tiers to burn 2 raid lock outs.

4. The whole thing is just wack and dies before then. Just because I like to have a doomer thing in every post.

sad to see they pace it so closely… I don’t think i can get mine pre-raid bis + to lv85 in one week :frowning:

thanks for the detailed info!

“i’m going to misinterpret the OP and spread false information and then when you call me out on it i’m going to be an upset passive aggressive little bugger about it”

6 Likes

For someone who really doesn’t care, you seem to care a lot since you decided to make all these replies…

2 Likes

Apparently you really don’t read either.

2 Likes

Lets just say I enjoy calling out stupid.

You can join the OP on ignore too. I do so like that feature. it makes the forums so… neat.