Release date predictions?

Really excited for TBC to launch. What are your predictions for release? I’m thinking early August

I suspect earlier due to the beta. I hear rumors may/june.

3 Likes

How long was classic beta? Three months?

1 month iirc

The writing has been on the wall for a June release for months. Beta has been on for 2 weeks and will last 6-8 weeks. Pre-patch hits May 18. 4-6 weeks of pre patch is a June release. Kinda predictable.

5 Likes

Classic was in beta for 1 month. The original pre patch in vanilla was 6 weeks. I’m not sure what this “writing on the wall” is you speak of. Ok i read wrong it was 6 weeks of pre patch but my statement still stands vanilla wasn’t dying before pre patch back then it was growing unlike now there is no way they wait till june to release.

The original pre patch was 6 weeks, hello?

I put my bet here:
Pre-Patch around early May
TBC releases at around Mid June or Late June

1 Like

I looked back and I thought it was May 15th very first betas and then August release.

Pre-Patch end of April/Early-May
Release Late May-Early June

I could see June/July because of complaints about august last time. I’ll say July 5th

But I think they will watch how summer affects restrictions and keep it mostly liquid.

Most likely may 18th prepatch and june 22nd release.

Why may 18th for prepatch? Well, classic beta was 3 months long (started in may, release was in august). TBC should not require that long. May 18th is 8 weeks from beta start. If they do need more time, they can continue working during prepatch.

May 18th is also the datamined “default clone date” where you pick your server type (and obviously prepatch cannot happen before you pick server type or classic era would have new talents and ally shaman…etc.)

Plus blizzard would want to boost subs before quarter and a mid-late may prepatch does that.

As for june 22nd release date. That would be 5 weeks of prepatch. Blizzard wants to give people time to level ally shaman and horde pallys before the portal opens. 5 weeks is enough time to do that for many / most people (less exp required per level in prepatch).

I could see prepatch maybe being 6 weeks instead of 5, but that would mean a june 29th rollout and that’s a bad idea (given 4th of july in the U.S. and the potential for first week issues). Plus i expect prepatch to be shorter than vanilla as people are impatient.

Hence, may 18th prepatch, june 22nd release.

They released SL the week of thanksgiving, don’t think the fourth is off the table.

May 25th prepatch, July 27th release

Sounds reasonable barring any major issues.

Late May Prepatch with Late Aug Release.

EDIT: Remember one point of the prepatch was for players to level their BE/Drae characters. No way they let prepatch run for only a month.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.