Release classic sooner, heres how

I think we are all going to be okay.

Would you rather hear “we still don’t have anything” posted every day, or would you rather when they do post that it’s something with substance? Whatever happened to “no news is good news”?

Not sure why this was aimed at me but I’ll answer. I would rather have the former. Because the former isn’t just them posting everyday that nothing is new, he is actually clarifying topics and participating in discussion, on top of this you know they are there to update us whenever they possibly can when they are active. When it’s silence it feels more like “are they listening? If they have an update will they post it here because they rarely ever post here”.

I mean, the lamppost thing at Blizzcon was quirky and fun, but that’s time taken out of their day to update us with, “Today we parsed this list of items and changed them to their vanilla counterparts. Yesterday we made sure to express on the forums for the 8000th time that no, there will be no dungeon finder in Classic.” It’s unnecessary, and at this point I’m just assuming there’s not much to update us with they haven’t already answered.

1 Like

He was contributing to the topic of the OP and clarifying why it wouldn’t work. The dude didn’t make the thread here to talk about lamp posts.

You realize that a CM isn’t a dev, right? Bornakk isn’t taking time away from developing Classic to make a post here.

2 Likes

Yes, I do realize that. So how do you expect Bornakk to get the information to post here without an actual developer taking time to relay that to him, either in talking or some kind of write-up?

Then if needed they talk to Bornakk about it or reply to an email that takes all of 1-2 minutes to do.

Which in no way, shape, or form will delay the release of Classic WoW.

People need to get over this “You did something except sit at your desk 8 hours a day writing code! You’re wasting time!” mentality.

Part of development is talking to other departments about what your team is doing.

1 Like

I’m sure they go on a long walk on the beach to give a 5 second answer to a simple question. :beach_umbrella:

Classic is already out, its just level gated to level 0. They are hard at work getting the next 60 levels together before they up the gate.

Case in point, the Blizzcon panel on “Restoring History: Creating WoW Classic”

welcome bornakk!

nice to have you aboard. hug ythisens for us if you see him. and a toast to you, our new connection to reality. hehe

since the Blizzcon announcement never specified whether it was Northern or Southern Hemisphere Summer 2019 release, I’m still expecting it to be released any day now.

any further comment on that theory young Bornakk?

I don’t think anyone at Blizzard really knows when the game will be released, and are just going to stick by to, it’s ready when it’s ready. I do expect to hear some news soon within the next month or two.

Q2 or Q3 the latest is when I think classic will be released.

Lies! You’re removing my favorite lamp from my favorite zone aren’t you! Change-er!

But seriously, loved the blue post, said exactly what I was already thinking.

I would rather they wait and just release the full game. But maybe this idea would work for testing in the beta?

Speaking of a beta how do I get an invite to that Bornakk :wink:

1 Like

Just give me Stormwind and Elwin! I’ll go FULL SouthPark on those boars!

Subbed till May but not actually playing retail at the moment as it’s lost its shiny feel
 well to me at least.

Would really like something WoW related to do other than watch YouTube rumours and read forums.

This is a dev trolling us

Can’t be an executive they woulda asked about 10 levels for $9.99.

I’d rather have the full game devtroll. Just take your time and finish it. If ya can’t make the deadline of it’s ready when it’s ready then push it back until it’s ready. We don’t want to be fed little sips of Vanilla. We want the whole bottle! Content buckets ok but levels? Come on man

1 Like

But
 Won’t it be Summer in the Southern Hemisphere come December 22, 2019?

edit: Somebody better queue up “It’s 5 O’clock Somewhere” for some people, they might need it. :sunglasses:

1 Like

EXACTLY

Summer 2019 can, in fact, be most of the year.
Southern Hemisphere Summer 2019
January 1st-March 21st
Northern Hemisphere Summer 2019
June 21st- September 23rd
Southern Hemisphere Summer 2019
December 22nd-December 31st

1 Like