Regen Rates in Vanilla

"We had to drink berry juice and eat snack too much guys, we made it ez now"

Depending on the mob type, some of them took more recovery time afterwards. The issue in the demo is this.

Mana/Health ticks on 2.5 secs it seems and not 5 seconds in the demo.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Health_regeneration

I was getting 27 health back per tick on a warrior at level 15

My warrior has 29 spirit so my regen according to the pre-tbc math would be 29 health every 5 seconds.

Warrior had the highest health regen of vanilla. On a side note, i wasn't receiving increase health regen while sitting either.

Why does this matter? This removes the need to eat and drink in vanilla entirely. The fact that health and mana ticks twice as fast is absolutely broken. This hurts world pvp greatly as well. Getting out of combat with dots on you and start healing twice as fast. A rogue vanishes and opens up on you 10 seconds later and it has 20% more HP then it did when it vanished?

This is going to greatly hurt the game. Please take some time and look into the real rates blizzard. I have faith in you.
Rogue is regening at 18 ever 2.5 seconds. This would an accurate regen if it was every 5 seconds.

Blizzard for the most part has the math down, its just the regen rates are ticking x2 as fast.
11/04/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Cyberreturns
Rogue is regening at 18 ever 2.5 seconds. This would an accurate regen if it was every 5 seconds.

Blizzard for the most part has the math down, its just the regen rates are ticking x2 as fast.

On my end, the regen was 20 per 2 sec but every time I used an ability I was refunded 3 energy. It’s a small fix.
In the context of leveling or farming, it was a big part of the reason some classes were 'slow' or 'fast' (same deal for the relative usefulness of channeled first-aid/bandaging). But, itemization and talent changes have that impact as well.

End-game it's like whatever.

Honestly one of the things I never liked about Vanilla leveling as a warrior or mage (at least my mage could make their own food though)... although you did look forward to those 'level break-points' on food/water quality in a perverse sense (like spell ranking). It's an RPG relic, so yea #nochanges, but again I wouldn't cry to see OoC regen be at live values.
From what I understand there are remnants of other expansions showing up in the demo.

The fast regen was a wotlk change..the percentage became flat and lower level toons regex'd quicker both in/out of combat.
Also casters have 200% crit which was an MOP change I think.
Rogue energy regen it totally off as well.

They addressed the rogue issue and said it would be fixed.
They also said there were others where they had to get the 1.12 stuff working.

You have a 7.3.5 client processing 1.12 data and it's early code so not everything got adjusted.
11/04/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Xeaned
11/04/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Cyberreturns

On my end, the regen was 20 per 2 sec but every time I used an ability I was refunded 3 energy. It’s a small fix.

They said rogue regen is off in the panel. I wouldn't worry about it until beta. Drop some data that backs it up in a thread and hopefully a dev will see it.
11/04/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Cyberreturns

They said rogue regen is off in the panel. I wouldn't worry about it until beta. Drop some data that backs it up in a thread and hopefully a dev will see it.

no they didn't
the hp/mana regen is more less like it was in wrath
its bs
11/04/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Nubling
11/04/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Cyberreturns

no they didn't

yes they did.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288407/blizzcon-2018-restoring-history-creating-wow-classic-panel
Rogue energy regeneration - now it's predictive regen modified by haste. Back then, tech issues limited regen to larger discrete chunks. Not the product of an active design desire, just due to tech BUT because it affected the feel of playing a rogue, the old energy regen model will return.
11/04/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Brockthorn
11/04/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Nubling

no they didn't

yes they did.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288407/blizzcon-2018-restoring-history-creating-wow-classic-panel
Rogue energy regeneration - now it's predictive regen modified by haste. Back then, tech issues limited regen to larger discrete chunks. Not the product of an active design desire, just due to tech BUT because it affected the feel of playing a rogue, the old energy regen model will return.

and it regened in blocks on the demo, which means they fixed it, and said nothing about how it's still off.
If they don't fix this I won't make any mage friends because I won't need or want their filthy water.
It's probably a remnant from other expansions. They said it's far from done:
11/04/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Nubling
11/04/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Brockthorn

yes they did.

and it regened in blocks on the demo, which means they fixed it, and said nothing about how it's still off.

They are aware that the regen is off, that was the only class specific thing they announced so they are aware its off. This thread is about Hp/Mana. Make a thread about rogue and give details and show old archives.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

They are aware that the regen is off, that was the only class specific thing they announced so they are aware its off. This thread is about Hp/Mana. Make a thread about rogue and give details and show old archives.

They might not be aware the regen is off.

You brought up rogues energy regen as proof that they are aware of it, which is not the case.

In fact the opposite is true, because they said at one point they had to drink too much, and by the time we got to demo you didn't have to drink at all, shows that they already changed it, which means the new demo rates are likely the "Fixed" version, not the waiting to be fixed.