Regarding the Enigma Crucible Arena

So, just another generic arena with nothing interesting.

Lame. Bring back the ring of blood arena, at least.

yeah vulpera warlock player take here

That’s a good thing, though. We don’t want whacky new arenas right now.

Hm.

Questionable.

I’d wreck ya.

I guess, with the sorry state pvp is in? But eh, doesn’t add anything interesting to just repaint the same map again.

It was fun, lol.

Different map sizes with slight variations in pillar widths and configurations is enough to mix stuff up.

It’s enough, sure. But I’d like more than the bare minimum.

Though, pvp in general could use more than the bare minimum attention given to it, I suppose.

gimmicks are bad for competitive game modes
brawls should exist for weird quirky things like enigmas original design

making a new map not gimmicky isn’t the bare minimum lmfao

3 Likes

Until your pet inevitably got bugged on the pillar.

How about you balance PvP instead?

What’s wrong with death grip?

Infrequently (or maybe semi-frequently?) fails to pull somebody.

It usually seems to happen when the gripped target is standing at a different elevation or on an incline/ramp.

i can see the perspective that they should not bother adding new maps if all they’re gonna do is give up on a bad idea. if nothing else, there’s old maps worth updating or just remastering, to use the same resources going into new maps

I’m surprised that Ruins hasn’t gotten a bit of a touch-up.

1 Like

if nothing else the number of targeting reticule abilities they design into the game would benefit from a map with less

• blindingly bright crap
  • 1cm pebbles
    covering the ground

Oh, yeah. I wish that the Bastion arena had a little “accessibility” Steward that you could talk to in the prep/waiting room to enable a “dark/night” mode.

2 Likes

Sounds like heroic leap’s coding. I haven’t noticed this on my DK, weird.

what are the odds this arena joins the game without weird bugs left over from the version they thought they’d make that had gimmicky pillars? robodrome still has the starting room lightning mistakenly bouncing people from the actual arena ring for no reason/with no consistency

why don’t you scrap this one and put some work into making the ceilings on hook point and blade’s edge less awful on the camera, make them actually usable for us crummy players below the level where AWC players rehearse coordinated moves

another patch/season with little to no changes or communication while the player base withers and dies and this is the first blue post we get in months lol. dont get me wrong im happy they didnt try and hamfist this through like they would of done before they lost 90% of their players in a year but this arena is absolute cheeks and dev time could have been spent reworking bgs

Thank you for the heads up. :grin:

This happens with grappling hook too and feels so bad when it doesn’t work. They could at least make it not go on CD.