Regarding the colour of the mage trading post set

Why is a set which is clearly inspired by the most iconic Blood Elves in WoW only available in what are essentially Alliance colours and not red and gold?

1 Like

Is it? Because the whole theme of the set felt very Dalaran mage-y to me.

As far as I recall, Dalaran is a neutral faction that welcomes citizens of both Alliance and Horde. And the set fits in to the archmage aesthetic they’ve had going on, plus iirc even has the Dalaran eye on the robe part.

That said, the staff that’s supposed to pair with it feels a lot more Draenic-influenced to me than Dalaran. :dracthyr_crylaugh: But maybe that’s just because it kind of looks a little similar to Velen’s staff, and other Draenic weaponry. I guess I associate big purple/pink crystals to Draenei for some reason.

4 Likes

He’s talking about this one:

It’s based on Kael’thas. Orbs and all.

1 Like

Ohhh. The “sets” that only constitutes three pieces that don’t work with basically anything else in the game.

They’re so bad I forgot about them, tbh. I thought he was talking about the 25$ set they’re selling tenders with.

That is really weird to color it like that. It isn’t even in neutral tones to fit both factions. I guess it’s “mage-y” blue, but… huh?

If only Blizz cared as much about Night Elves as they do Blood Elves. :dracthyr_cry_animated: Maybe our tree wouldn’t have been burnt down.

Blizz changed the color scheme so we wouldn’t be lol’ing at them giving belves another set of heritage armor.

4 Likes

Not talking about the new store set. The mage trading post “set”.

One of the most low effort heritage sets. It looks like they stopped caring half-way through it.

And if that was the concern in the first place they could have NOT made it obviously inspired by Kael’thas Sunstrider.

There are like… hundreds of xmogs in the game for any given slot. It shouldn’t be too difficult finding something that matches.

2 Likes

It would ONLY work with the Blood Elf heritage set at all. Either scrap it or make it available in both colours.

The tomb of sargeras mythic mage set will go very well w the 3 piece

1 Like

The plethora of blue and gold sets the Alliance already have?

As a compromise I would make it Purple and Gold and split the difference between Red and Blue.

That it would also fit better for Arcane Mage, which I play, is merely a coincidence.

That set does scream Kaelthas, I don’t understand why it’s blue. It should be red and gold or in the very least a red and gold variant.

It’s nice having a break from the same old colours we’ve had since BC. Also, as mentioned above:

Blue and gold are the same old colours, just for one faction, not the other. And part of them being the same old colours is an established aesthetic for the race and character the set is so clearly based off of.

This probably has something to do with why none of the weapons match these “sets”. I’m willing to bet the mage “set” weapons will be red.

I assume there’s recolors of these little sets that match the weapons color scheme that have already been released and vise versa.

Most of the weapons are knock-off artifacts.

this set was datamined by wowhead in 3 variants, the blue and gold (high elf) red and gold (blood elf) and purple and gold (void elf) the other two will eventually be on the trading post or other means.

Do you have a link for that datamine? I want to see them.

Nm it was easy to find:

Man I want all three colors.

1 Like