Refunds for purchasing physical copies of Shadowlands

I couldn’t find the answer to this researching, so a quick question: Are people who purchase Shadowlands pre-pruchase now and then the base (basic) edition of Shadowlands as a physical copy entitled to a proportionate refund? I saw it mention regarding physical collector’s editions, but not standard. I just like collecting standard copies.

1 Like

Is Blizzard actually selling the physical editions?

I know if you pre-purchase the base edition (digital) then decide to purchase the heroic or epic version (digital), you just pay the difference.

But not sure about the physical base vs the digital pre-purchase.

1 Like

I have my doubts that a basic physical edition will even be produced, given that it would only include the expansion, which is only available via download.

Back in Nov. they made it sound like there was still going to be a retail only version:

That’s the Collector’s Edition though.

OP is wanting to know if they buy a basic physical copy (not a Collector’s Edition) would they be able to get any reimbursement if they already purchased a digital version.

The question now is, are they even going to make a physical version that isn’t a Collector’s Edition?

4 Likes

The reason we have an established stance for the Collector’s Edition is because upgrading from Standard to CE provides additional in-game rewards and the Collector’s Edition includes physical items that collectors are interested in having. A retail copy of the Collector’s Edition may not arrive in time for someone to join the expansion on launch day, so we accommodate this practice.

There’s really no point in purchasing a second copy of the standard edition if you already have upgraded your account digitally. If you acquired a separate physical key, it would not be redeemable on your World of Warcraft account.

6 Likes

I also just want a standard copy for the box alone to put on my shelf. So this is very sad news indeed.