Refund on Subscription due to gamebreaking bug that has been in the game atleast a month

I’d like to find out about refunding my sub and quitting WoW because I’m unable to complete many quests due toa bug that has been in the game for atleast a month and I am unable to continue the the story lines. This has happened many times at differnet points in every expansion. Im currently doing the Azsuna loremaster and Im up the part where I have to control Prince Farondis. The npc dies very fast and can not kill the boss to complete the quest. I spent hours playing this character today only to reach this point and can not continue. Changing expansion is not an option since I wanted to level this character entirely in Legion and doing all the quests.

The prince Farondis issue has been around for a while. Now i just succesfully did this on my shaman a couple of weeks ago, so i can attest that indeed it IS completable. The key is trying to slow down the scripting of the event and not getting to far ahaid. Just take your time with it and you should be able to finish it,.

Edit my shaman was 45 when we did it.

8 Likes

Im currently level 20. Farondis fireball is hitting for 41. The boss’s health is 15k. Farondis has 3k health and the boss hits for 800+.

Unfortunately, they don’t tend to give refunds on game time if you’ve used more than 2 hours of it.

That said, you can always put in a ticket and ask. I’m just saying that it’s unlikely.

It does, however, sound like you’ve run into a bug which you can either report in the Bug Report forum or using the in-game suggestion feature.

7 Likes

Someone else is having the same issue. The post was made 16 days ago. Over 2 weeks to fix a gamebreaking bug is completely unacceptable.

No, I’m afraid we do not provide refunds for a bugged quest. Here is the general refund policy.

I don’t know the status of this one, but I do know that our QA and Dev Teams are aware of it.

Once a resolution is found it usually depends a fix is usually applied with a Hotfix or may require a patch. It really depends on what needs to be done to resolve the issue. A lot of things can be resolved with a hotfix, but not everything and adding it to a patch takes a bit more time.

Sorry for the frustration, Krelorllan.

Edit: I do see a note indicating that at higher levels (around 40) Farondis seems to survive better. I don’t know if that is an option for you, but thought I’d mention it.

10 Likes

i dont think i can call this gamebreaking as there is other avenues at your disposal to level your characters. May i recommend looking this up on wowhead to see if anyone has posted a work around.

12 Likes

To piggyback on Rycerz, this isn’t a gamebreaking bug. If it were, it would do things like crash the server, block players from logging on to the character, and the like. This is an irritation I’m familiar with – there’s a bug blocking my demon hunter from getting the Pepe toy unique to the class, since I can’t advance the storyline for it. Drives me nuts – I wanted to collect all the Pepe variants – but it’s not current content, and for all I know the debugging attempts have produced worse bugs in QA playtest.

7 Likes

Yeah, the bug is annoying and it happens in many places where you are using a “vehicle”. In this case, controlling Farondis. They fail to scale low level characters’ hit points and damage appropriately. The only work-around for Farondis (and many other places the bug turns up) is to bypass the quest and come back to it when you are level 40+. In Chromie-Time that won’t take too long. I hope that they fix this soon!

1 Like

I think it’s the other way around – the low level character’s vehicle HP and damage is appropriate, it’s just that while in a vehicle, all mobs are scaled as if they were the maximum level of the expansion when in Chromie Time (which for Legion is 45, I believe?), rather than scaling down to match the low level player in a vehicle.

(…thinking about it, fireballs hitting for 41 seems a bit low for a level 20, though that could be a holdover from the antiquated spell resist system causing the spells to hit for about a quarter of what they’re supposed to from the ‘level difference’ [a L20 vs a L45])

1 Like

Athissa is beatable at lower levels (but not easily) if you use the pillars to break line-of-sight. Also keep in mind you only need to get down to ~30%.

3 Likes