Reduced dragon riding speed in old world content

well where is the class balancing then if they have so many teams working on different projects at the same time?

Once you quote me your source that this detracted from class balance.

did you see any recent class balancing? there ya go.

Class balancing comes with major patches for the most part as far as i’m aware. Look at 10.2’s patch notes. I’m not gonna argue anything’s actually balanced, but not every minor update is gonna come with a bunch of class tuning, and unless something is critically bugged there’s unlikely to be any class tuning outside of patches.

Ok. And this 15% thing first took place months ago. And we have had class balancing.

really? the last class balancing was done on December 19 (which was not part of any patch, major or minor)

last class balancing was a month ago today

OK, so I tried one of my usual flying routes, taking the road loop from Goldshire to Westfall, then to Duskwood, through the corner of Redridge, and back to Goldshire. The goal is to fly all the way, keeping to the road, and not hit the ground. I did this in legacy flying all the time. Now I’m trying it with a dragon mount.

It was hard as heck to keep to the road in some places in Duskwood. If I were much faster it’d be darn near impossible. And threading that wooden bridge between Westfall and Duskwood? Well, I haven’t quite managed that yet. I keep hitting the deck. Your pitch attitude has to be dead-nuts ON when you hit the opening, and your pitch control has to be rock-steady.

So for my money, DR in the old world is plenty fast enough.

What the devs want and what the players want are 2 different things.

The game was better when flying was a necessary part of the game. You HAD to fly to raid zones, there were quests incorporated for it.

Removing it from Warlords/BFA/Legion/ maybe shadowlands? (i dunno didn’t play that one too much) until they put in the pathfinder non-sense hurt the game in a BIG way.

Thus they have reversed course. Bringing it back has been tremendous fun. Quests where u can zoom around and plow mobs out of the sky - fun and immersive.

Travel is the most annoying part of MMOs…
Ain’t got time for all that.

Eh… I was flying around yesterday, and I definitely noticed. Yeah it isn’t a big deal, but at the same time… just why?

We don’t want to make flight times trivially short… in… trivial content…

thank you, agree 100%

yeah i dont understand this “logic” either…

weird, because i was clipping through mountains early in df and getting disconnected to… so…

Ya, man… because reducing something for no reason (and their reason is pretty weak) makes no sense at all.

Who cares if the old zones feel smaller.

It’s like them trying to explain “how they want to improve archaeology” when all they have to do is let people just farm w/e zones they want over and over again.

1 Like

You started flying under the assumption that it would be barely slower, knowing it would be barely slower, and looked for it to be barely slower.

So you noticed what you set out to specific notice with the knowledge that it was there to notice.

I am saying that the amount of people who would notice with no heads up…its not zero. But pretty close.

And this was implemented back in November?

Last I checked. December came after November?

well i mean, seeing a mage hurl a magical bolt of frost at a dragon made of shadowflame isn’t any more realistic than traditional flying.

should we also get rid of the fyrakk fight in amirdrassil?

Also Tindral isn’t realistic either.

Nor is volocross

or the council

or gnarlroot

maybe igira could stay if they made her smaller (normal human size as her large size is not realistic)

nymue also has to go or they atleast have to remove all of her magical mechanics like placing growths on the ground that damage everyone in the arena

the thing that really annoys me the most is this statement

like why? please just stop changing flight - and there is a 1000% chance that any new change to flight is going to make it less fun and less enjoyable to use.

if blizzard had just given us dragon riding in the old world exactly the same as it currently exists in the dragon isles there would be multiple benefits:

1. People would be able to travel through trivial content much faster.
  2. We won’t feel slower using the same flight which just feels bad.
  3. blizzard would have saved time and resources by implementing dragon riding without changing it.
  4. blizzard would have saved time and resources by not using developer time to discuss why dragon riding needs to be slowed, by how much dragon riding needs to be slowed and how to communicate that to the WoW community.

so “for no reason” isn’t really accurate – it’s just not a reason you happen to like

1 Like

This showed me all I needed to know.

1 Like

I’m not even sure why anyone even cares about this. If it wasn’t for the buff icon telling me that it was slower, I’d have never noticed.

It’s still a massive increase to the speed of old world travel. Whether the reasoning was technical in nature, or to prevent trivialization of old content, I don’t think it really matters.

1 Like

why is it a bad thing to trivialize content that is trivial?

No, I honestly forgot that it would be slower, noticed it was slower, and then remembered the controversy about it being slower. It is definitively noticeable.

At the end of the day, this isn’t that big of a deal. It’s still extremely fast, but as I said before… it just seems stupid to do this in completely trivial content. I spent awhile flying around the world yesterday, and even on Stormrage… a very popular server… I can count on one hand how many players I saw in the world. There’s literally zero reason to slow this down. The content is flat out dead.

I don’t know why people keep saying this because I just cannot fathom that going an extra 125% “trivializes” content. Like oh no you can’t go 830% speed!! No way! But you can go 705.5%, that’s fine.

Like what o3o

1 Like

I don’t really see the issue here. As far as the 85% goes, I feel like the change was meant to help make the old world feel similar in scale to the Dragon Isles while dragonriding, but given how small some of the areas are, we can still fly over them in the blink of an eye.

1 Like