Recruitment Forums Need Separation

And, for guild recruiting, require the realm be listed, Default to the poster’s guild but allow it to be changed if needed. Put it in the title, and make it searchable so we can just display the ones on our realms.

4 Likes

That’s a good idea. Wowprogress sorts guilds on realm but so many don’t update it often or don’t realize you can recruit that way.

2 Likes

I totally agree with this post, splitting players and Guilds would make this more used and a lot easier to navigate.

4 Likes

i give this post my support…something good might as well come out of these new forums

4 Likes

My support is given.

3 Likes

Please yes make this happen.

2 Likes

This gets my stamp of approval.

1 Like

You guys can heart each other too so you can help trust levels. Good thing we don’t need links for our guild applications, websites, wowprogress, discords, etc. = p

I know it still takes 15 days or something to hit level 2, but it should help some.

4 Likes

You can post a non-clickable link by bracketing the URL in grave `` to make it into a code line.
It will look like so

Adding in your websites is important to recruiting, even if you cannot put in a clickable link yet.

7 Likes

I know how to do it but there is a large number of people on my recruitment discord struggling with forums changes. The already harsh recruitment environment paired with changes is making their job harder than it needs to be. If that makes sense.

Anyways, I still want the forums split over there which is the purpose of this entire thread.

3 Likes

Yeah. It probably would have been easier for a lot of people if they added in extra steps to make things clickable, instead of the other way around to be able to post a link at all. But it is what it is.

Just trying to spread the word where I can, to help those who need helping in it.

3 Likes

I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Thanks and please spread the word we need the guild recruitment forums updated. Please separate out the guilds vs the players.

thanks!!

4 Likes

This should have happened literally years ago. The sheer volume of posts should justify segregating recruitment into categories.

4 Likes

This as well. There are 100s of posts every day to go through, and the mix of posts we don’t need makes it harder to find the ones we do. Plus, with the replies and the movement of the posts also makes it hard.

Two forums can’t be that difficult to do.

3 Likes

A “LF Guild” and a “LF Players” seperation just makes sense, blizz.

Additionally, you could split it up by faction, or even raid type or… just take a look at what Sierra’s done in the recruitment discord. You might not need to go that in-depth, but letting us target players (and players target guilds) only helps people find the guild that will end up being a good fit for them.

there’s no need for someone interested in heroic progression to hvae to sift through pages of mythic guilds, and vice versa.

6 Likes

They added a whole separate forum for “Communities Recruitment”. We need more resources and support for Guilds.

2 Likes

Also completely true. Normal/Herioc/Fun/Casual only vs Mythic raiding would be a good split. There are a lot of people looking for one or the other, so that’s 3/4 of the threads that now become useless to those looking through the forum.

2 Likes

The cool thing is that even if they do add in a separate forum for player search in addition to guild search (which I hope they do for you, being able to narrow down what you are looking for is extremely helpful), one would still be able to view both at the same time if one wished.

You can view all recruitment threads under the umbrella category of ‘recruitment’ at the same time now.

You’d have to pay a bit of attention to category, as community and oceanic recruitment are there too, but it’s pretty nice.

3 Likes

I feel like that’s pushing it (I like the idea of identification though). I would be happy to see a split at all haha. The notifications were awesome until it didn’t really split anything for example. They could maybe just add a tag or something that lets people sort by guild type? Like when you’re making the post title. Have selectable Mythic/Heroic/Social/Normal or something. Idk. One thing at a time. :smiley:

5 Likes