Recruiters Asked Hacker If She ‘Liked Being **********’ at Job Fair

Company employees at a hacking conference made several inappropriate comments to a security researcher who was inquiring about Blizzard’s job openings.

This just doesn’t stop.

32 Likes

She was wearing a t-shirt that said “penetration expert”. Poor taste to make those jokes. Yes.

But it’s about security penetration. This is not crazy.

34 Likes

You can see a woman wearing a shirt with bad word usage and not sexually harass them because of it… It really isn’t hard. If you HAVE to talk about her shirt, you could say you know “nice shirt” or “i like your shirt”

124 Likes

well according to some people being harassed are always blameless but geez what do you expect and why the heck would you wear a sexist t shirt like that in the first place

Mitchell said she was wearing a t-shirt made by cybersecurity company SecureState, which had “Penetration Expert” on the front.

16 Likes

Just the thought of those sweaty, ugly homley-looking dudes piled on that bed in the cosby suite asking anyone that question makes me wanna throw up a little.

47 Likes

Lol it was a trap. See, this is why I’m more upset about a f-ing war criminal who contributed to torture programs in the VP position than the lawsuit.

15 Likes

Who says it was actually sexual harassment though? Because she feels it was? How do we know the guy legit didn’t mean it in the security form? We live in a society where anything remotely sexual automatically is sexual.

13 Likes

When she got to the table, she said she asked about the penetration testing position. Penetration testing, or pentesting, is the industry term for a security audit. Mitchell said she was wearing a t-shirt made by cybersecurity company SecureState, which had “Penetration Expert” on the front. One of the Blizzard employees first asked if she was lost, another one asked if she was at the conference with her boyfriend, and another one asked if she even knew what pentesting was.

Sounds like overall douchey behaviour and typical of the culture Blizzard has fostered.

39 Likes

People are looking for things to complain about. She literally had penetration expert on her shirt lmao. And you expect some nerd to not make a joke about it.

32 Likes

why wouldn’t she complain to the sexist pigs at her company that made that t shirt though.

24 Likes

Penetration tester is what their job title is primarily called lol. I am pretty sure in the industry this is common sense.

7 Likes

I expect professionals who are representing their company at a professional function to act in a professional manner, yes.

These guys were working. They were on the clock, representing Blizzard

53 Likes

Sure, it was a trap. Because everyone is out to get the poor innocent men of the world.

Because you have to get consent to talk sexually to another person. Its not a hard concept. Do I know this woman, and we have relationship or desire to have one? If yes then you probably can make sexual comments.
Is this woman someone I do not know and have never met before? Then don’t make sexual comment.

Super simple concept.

20 Likes

Or why would she wear a shirt. That company clearly knew the joke they were implying it meant when they made it. And she made the decision to wear it. Can’t be upset when someone makes a joke about the joke you have on your shirt….

13 Likes

Ugh.

That kind of crap would be an insta-termination at my employer.

9 Likes

This is literally on the same level of the ‘pick up line’ where someone asks if you want to know their PIN number, only to reveal it’s 6969.

Haha, get it? Because sex?

Honestly.

3 Likes

It’s a term used in network security dumbass. Get your head out of the gutter, because it’s people like you that are the problem.

“Look what she was wearing, she was asking to be raped” that’s your mentality.

43 Likes

She probably did and they told her it was fine / funny.

It’s almost like rampant misogyny is an industry wide problem.

7 Likes

You are just looking for things to complain about, as I said.

4 Likes

Yes because the company is the problem, not the guys that couldn’t control their comments.

4 Likes