Recrafting quality/ressources problem

Currently Artisan Acuity is a very rare ressource so recrafting can be very problematic. I feel without the old way to rng craft with inspiration that we could simply remove artisan acuity being needed to recraft or make it lower. There is also a problem with recrafting with some items as it is much harder to recraft them than to originally craft it because of the lack of rank 3 materials you can put in the recraft section. This means that if you craft a lower rank early and you’d want to recraft it it would require way more skill or concentration to accomplish it and that doesn’t seem right to me. (This has been something I’ve seen as someone that maxed crafting professions tools/acessories on my blacksmith)

2 Likes

While not directly related.
The value of Aquity is at an absolute importance this early in the expansion. Making the right choice as to where you spend your Aquity can be the difference a Rank5 tool this week or 1-2 week from now.
Choosing which recipes to purchase with Aquity is incredibly lucrative or devestating.

What Im getting at is how your decisions with how you spend your Aquity is limited. As it should be. If you knowingly create an item of lower value, say a rank 3 Tool.
Having a cost to recraft shouldnt be a big deal at all assuming you know how/ what to use to upgrade it properly.
Recrafting more than 3-4 times is ludacris.
Its you the player doing it wrong at that point.

Should the system remove having a resource such as Aquity from Recrafts because a player doesnt think through their decisions?
I think not.

Found a work around, you can recraft your gear/tool twice with the best mats (as you need to set it up for a good recraft with better mats/skills from a recraft) to not have to spend as much concentration but at the cost of more artisan acuity. This works but not really intuitive.

Agreed, Acuity as-intended is mostly fine. Being limited in my engineering choices by Knowledge and Acuity early on creates good decisions on what I want to specialize in.

However, the “profession shuffle” is unbelievably stupid and should be nuked from orbit. For those who don’t know, the idea behind this is to pick up professions you don’t care about in order to milk them for Acuity from first crafts/patron orders to spend on your main profession(s). This lets you immediately get full blue tools and the Knowledge books from the Artisan’s Consortium for your main profession(s), which is an absolutely gigantic advantage early on.
Profit margins for everybody else are dictated by the efficiency/skill of the highest skill crafters, because they can afford to drop the prices lower than other people while still making a profit. This means that if you’re not doing the profession shuffle, chances of you actually making gold with commodity crafting (outside of “selling” concentration) are quite low.

The fix for this is really simple, and that’s to make Acuity profession-specific. So there’s an Inscription Acuity, a Blacksmithing Acuity etc, which is used for Knowledge books, recipes, tools and tool recrafts for only the profession they’re tied to. Regular gear recrafts could be limited via a “general” Acuity which isn’t used for profession progression at all, or simply don’t require an Acuity-esque currency at all.
This also means you’re not forced into the incredibly unfun decision of “which of my 2 professions do I put Acuity into?”, which is effectively a lesser version of the profession shuffle.

5 Likes

This type of shuffle is always prevelant in the game to some degree.
We have expansions of experience where the same trauma causing issues always rear their heads later on.

Nary being considered nor corrected.

This will be looked back on with open regret at some point by Blzzard. Well wishes for the future, carrying good intentions.

The players that openly abuse systems like these to further their gains will see no retaliation.
No reason to not continue using third party systems (not intented), to make their millions or sell whatever product.

The mentality adopted by many to abuse and use early is so popular with systems in WoW, with very often little punishments, if any at all.

You get the same 3 responses from every avenue as to how its justifiable. Every conversation is a clone of the previous.

People seem to thinking having every advantage makes you a better player.