Reconstructing "Fear and Flesh" (rank 8 to 9)

Currently at cloak rank 8 and the next quest is requiring 4 Torn Pages of Fear and Flesh. That cannot be done in one run. Is this just old quest text or is this intended? I’d really like to know before I spend my Vessels.

You can get pages for Fear and Flesh from any of the 4 bonus areas. (They changed it a while back so they also dropped from lost areas, not just corrupted ones.)

If you’re going in solo, it may not be practical to get all 4 pages in one one if your titan research is still on the lower end. The change is so that it is possible to get one cloak rank per run, but not guaranteed.

It makes zero sense to me. Full clear to gain a cloak rank 8-11, and then it’s easier past that, only requiring 2 pages from lost areas until 15? They originally didn’t even introduce the Lost areas until rank 12. Kinda dumb

Encountering the same. Ranks 8-10 are telling me I need 4 pages each.

I don’t think this is what Blizzard intended. If it is, it seems rather disingenuous to say a player can progress through the lower cloak ranks “in a single run”, as those players will lack the necessary Titan research and resistances to complete the zones needed for 4 pages per run.

Yet it still costs 10k CV’s per run, which means farming CV’s relentlessly until you hit that tipping point.

Blizzard is just making things downright confusing.

Thinking I was bugged because my cloak quests continue to require 4 pages, I submitted a ticket, and was directed to Support Article 260086.

Per that article, “Fear and Flesh” (Ranks 6-11) definitely requires 4 pages per Rank, even after the nerf. This is not a bug. The bug would be if the quest tells you that you need 6 or 8 pages. If you are Ranks 8, 9, 10 or 11 and it says 4 pages, this is working as intended. Do not abandon the quest because Blizz will not refund any pages you lose as a result of doing this.

It isn’t until you hit Rank 12 and the quest changes to “The Final Truth” that it drops back down to 2 pages per Rank.

Side Note: WoWhead is reporting that Rank 6 only requires 1 page, and Ranks 7-8 only require 2 pages each. But I haven’t been able to personally test this.

Again, this seems poorly articulated by Blizzard. They didn’t exactly lie in their original announcement, but it seems disingenuous that they’d specifically point to an example of how higher level cloak upgrades that required 6-8 pages now only require 2, and not mention, “Oh, by the way, the middle ranks will still require 4. We’re nerfing those down, just not as much.”

That same support article mentions how “all cloak upgrade quests can be completed in a single run if all objectives are completed in that run”. Again, this is disingenuous. While not impossible, it is unlikely that a player with cloak rank 6-11 is going to be able to do a full clear because they will lack the required Titan upgrades and sanity resists.

Not mad. Just… disappointed. Being stuck in that middle bracket is still requiring a lot of CV farming and HV runs. Meanwhile, people at Rank 12 are basically zooming to 15.

Note that the quest isn’t asking you to beat the Vision; you just need to beat the last boss of one of the two Corrupted areas, at minimum. The quest is designed in such a way to make you squeeze as much time out of your available sanity as possible.

Also, the cloak gets its biggest buff around level 12, which should be around the same time you get the +200 sanity bonus for killing an elite.

By the way, it is possible to finish off all four areas in a single run if you’re in a small group.

its actually requiring you to beat the last boss of each corrupted AND lost areas

This is certainly doable solo, provided you have decent gear. Make sure to read up on the potions, as you will need the sanity-boosts. If you are not sure you can do it in time, bring K’babs.

This only really applies if you are taking the Solo Sanitation bonuses, the group ones will not get you through this solo.