Recommended spec for a newb warlock?

I mainly PvE and am looking for a recommendation for warlock specs. Something which is not overly overcomplicated and has a decent single-target and AoE damage.

Destro is the easiest. And before they start, yes it’s getting nerfed. But for someone who’s asking this on the forums and therefore the content you’ll be doing destro is completely fine. Enjoy!

2 Likes

destro… mostly.

3 Likes

I would say either Destro or Demonology, Destro is easier but Demo is no rocket science.

2 Likes

Seems like the unanimous vote is destro. Thanks all!

Hold up there sparky, I didn’t give my input yet. J/K although I may be the odd man out. I love affliction. Before taking my break, I switched to destro. After coming back, I still played it for a couple weeks but went back to my tried and true Aff. I played Aff waaaaay back in vanilla and used what was called the Drain Tank build. Granted, things have change quite a bit since then but I managed to get a build similar to that. I may not try to pull as many mobs as I used to but it still has that feel. I love it! Does it have the DPS as destro? Maybe not, but I think we, the WoW community, sometimes get stuck in the DPS, Min/Max, and gearscore mentality that we forget to focus on what makes any class fun. You have to enjoy what you are doing, otherwise it’s just a job, just a button masher trying to get a kill.

Since we don’t have to pay gold to switch talents anymore, I would make the suggestion to the OP to start with one spec (up to a decent level to get a feel for it) then switch. Just try them all and see what one feels good, easy to master, fun to play, etc…