Rebel Moon

Movie being plugged by NetFlix pretty hard. Finally watched it, or tried to anyways before I shut it off.

It’s so bad and I highly recommend you don’t watch it. I should have stopped when the villains were introduced wearing Nozee (you know how I meant to spell it) uniforms but I was dazed for a moment by being hit so hard on the nose.

There was a point where I had to stop the movie and go back to see if I missed something. They dropped a Korean character into the movie and I didn’t catch how they introduced her. Well, I didn’t catch it because they didn’t explain it. Charlie Hunnam’s just said “I think I know someone that will join us” and then you see this lady fighting a spider because she kidnapped a child but none of this is explained until it happens.

From the hour or so that I watched it, it was full of bad acting and cliches. I still don’t get the point of the scenes with the griffon.

1 Like

yeah i feel the same about it at points it seemed like it would be really good but then would go back to immersion breaking silliness

I can’t remember the good points you’re talking about because every thing was just so damn cliche.

The “I’m a loner exile that doesn’t want to get involved but wait! I’m gonna to get involved” Is so damn old.

The “I’m a bad guy (wearing a cliche bad guy outfit) and I’m going to take from the poor and what I take is what they need to survive” is also so way overplayed. It doesn’t even make any sense. That’s saying the bad guy is so stupid that he’s going to kill the goose after one egg instead of just giving the goose enough to survive and keep laying eggs.

With how many cliches was crammed into the movie, I bet the script was written by AI and they can get away with that because 1.) there’s no law that says you have to give an app credit and 2.) it’s on NetFlix and we all know how low their standards are.

Also, if I see one more hero/heroine that closes their eyes then opens them to “it’s on!” music for dramatic effect, I’m going to punch kittens.

They really need to get rid of this. It’s the new Matrix, action in slow mo, trope.

1 Like

i did like the characters most of all there was some petencul there is about all i’m saying
buy yeah i do agree the show is a dud

Unfortunately it doesn’t get me very far at my size to talk about the NETFLIX series but I hear how bad it is.

It seems that Snyder allied himself with the people who hated him the most in his work, and a result that Snyder is equal to Miachel Bay.

What do I mean by this? They are good directors with great potential, but depending on what they work with, it will be a success or a failure.

And you have to see the woke entertainment of streaming did not go very well, both in failures and achievements.

And lately Snyder is on that path where except for The Watchmen and 300, I think he would need a Christopher Nolan to make the reality like Man of the Steel made his name.

And that he never has a cameo in Teen Titans GO, something mentions that that creepy DC series brings bad karma to the celebrities who appear on his show.

Overall, I liked it, and will watch Part 2 and 3. I didn’t have much issue with the lack of explanation of the characters that are introduced. That seems common with space opera and team-up type movies. More will be explained in sequels. For the example, Guardians of the Galaxy characters didn’t get much explanation in the first movie.

This makes absolutely no sense. We knew the general background of each character and their personalities.

We didn’t really learn about Peter Quill’s background until part 2, and Rocket’s until part 3.

We know Peter’s mother died from cancer.
We know Peter got a cassette tape from his mother that he treasured, which showed us how much he cared about his mother.
We know Peter was kidnapped by aliens.
We know Peter was raised by space pirates that kept him instead of returning him to his father.
We know he’s goofy, loves to have a good time, loves the ladies, has a heart of gold, some what of a scoundrel, funny and sarcastic.

We get all this from the first movie. The second movie is about his father’s background, not Peter’s, and a little bit of his mother’s.

And as for Rocket, it was fine that we didn’t know about his background because he didn’t remember anything. Unlike the trash characters in Rebel Moon, they didn’t drop Rocket out of the sky. You got to know his character and his motivations. I have no freaking clue why anyone joined Kora’s group.

Why did Kai join? Why did Nemesis or Tarak? They had zero motivation to join with Kora. She just said “oh hey I’m gonna fight everyone, wanna join” “Yeah sure Kora I like impossible battles.”

???

I did recently see a commercial for Rebel Moon and Liquid Death energy drink, this has got to be the Best commercial ever made!

Liquid Death x Rebel Moon: Mandatory Beverage of the Motherworld Commercial (youtube.com)

Unfortunately true. I found it entertaining-ish, but I was disappointed. Some of the neat-looking creatures were kind of interesting. Didn’t realize it was a multi-part story. I guess someone thought it would be more of a hit than it is. lol

in the first five minutes I realized two things:

1. Sadness
  2. I don’t understand Zack Snyder anymore

Seriously, I was a big fan of his movies, but something snapped in the last two years. I can’t understand him anymore… A good movie is something which stays exciting. Seeing his older movies again, that’s fallen away for some reason, so much so all I can see are flaws. And I never wanted that! I respect him! Feels awful…
And I think I felt it earlier too, maybe it was the wait for Zack Snyder’s Justice League which killed me or something. The first watch was grand but… I don’t know, It took so long, it’s like I moved on and didn’t realize it.
The gloominess is so tiring… So, so tiring… I guess it was rare somewhat before but, now that there’s so much of it, it’s lost it’s luster, and… So has he, to me…

Well, it might be. We all know how Netflix will drop something like a hot rock if the mood strikes them.

I hope for people like Laselo that they’ll get their next two movies.

The only good parts were
Djimon Hounsou as Titus and Charlie Hunnam as Kai. Even then I feel like both characters were more or so wasted.