Reasons Why I Quit

1. Retail doesn’t feel like a ‘world’ of warcraft. I’m just jumping around the main city most of the time waiting for a mythic group or a raid or battleground to get into just like everyone else.

2. It doesn’t feel worth the money anymore. I’m paying to basically grind like mad and have little time to do much else. I mean covering all the daily/weekly quest grinds basically takes all my time and so farming mounts or transmog (the fun grind stuff) has become backburner stuff as well as having things to do to keep me exploring the ENTIRE world. If I wanted to grind this much and do the same thing every day I’d play Diablo. I wanted better creativity and implementation to get myself out in the ‘world’ of warcraft. The grinds were fun as hell back before I got my item level really high, and before I got my followers to epic, and before my reps were all exalted, and before I had under 100,000 gold, and before I bought the high grind mounts from the vendors. Now, there’s nothing to do but simply go higher and I’m already high enough…after 6 months.

3. The story is not one that makes me want to cheer or feel any sort of way. I just don’t find it satisfying and it makes me cringe sometimes that the writers would make the story go in this direction. I feel the writers are detached from the great story this game once had. In other words, I don’t get the feeling the writers know the full history of the game they are writing the story for. I get the same feeling from this story as I do from Pirates of the Caribbean 4 or Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. It was already beaten to death and then somehow the writers made a cocktail from its guts or something. Ew. The funny part is that the writers of those sagas, and this one, are still trying to create more cocktails. It’s hilarious. It no longer feels genuine.

4. It is way too easy to get to a high item level. I mean it is waaaaaaaaaaay too easy. It no longer feels like fun to play with people who have no idea what they are doing and have just done daily/weekly grind stuff to accrue enough gear to appear in top mythic dungeons or raids with no prior experience of anything. So, fans have created raider IO which totally takes the fun out of the game when an experienced person has a low IO due to whatever circumstances they initially encountered and then they get the boot or denied. Raider IO for all intents and purposes is a good thing. It just stinks that this is what the game has come to.

5. The population of the game feels 100% different than it did 10 years ago and it should, but Blizzard had the power to mold this population and now they’ve created snowflake, give-it-to-me monsters that take everything and give nothing, which is GREAT for business, just horrible for player experience. Just an example, I’m hearing about how older players are coming back and distributing DPS stats to the raid (yes it was cool to do it 10 years ago) but now everyone has the DPS addons and it looks bad to do so and so that older player gets the boot hammer for toxicity when it’s literally an honest mistake. Patience doesn’t really exist. Nobody needs induced stress from a video game. I feel like I’m constantly on the verge of getting kicked from a group or causing people to drop for a few wipes in an instance or raid. Out with the old and in with the new right?

6. Finally, I grew up. I don’t want this game anymore. It’s a lot of negativity with little bits of positivity and at that point I come to the gaming world to get away from life, not wind up back in it. Just look at these forums it’s a ton of fan based wishful thinking that will probably never come true (but should) and a ton of negative titles. I also heard that Activision is cutting massive amounts of jobs from the company I’ve been a fan of since I was a kid and I’ve been laid off before and I know what that’s like and what these fine employees are probably having to go through and to hear it happening to my friends at Blizzard is just gut wrenching awful. To hear the words uttered to the die-hard, loyal, paying fans of this company at the convention they paid money to attend for the sake of this companies future: “You think you do, but you don’t.” floored me. I think I do want to quit and I will quit. This one’s for you, J. Allen Brack. Have fun totally wrecking a once great company before you came along. I truly believe you were single-handed in deciding the fate of this company. You got what you wanted: a downward trending arrow on a chart.

12 Likes

for mythic+, be a tank and you don’t need to wait.
for raid, don’t wait for invite, be the raid leader and make the raid, or join a raid guild.

Very true, those dailies and weeklies can be addictive. I am on the same shoes myself too. But once my Azerite necklace is LvL45+ I think I will stop grinding the WQs and work on my alts or other stuff.

It’s a good thing you grew up. But what’s wrong with logging in 2~3 times a week for fun? I mean be a real casual? It’s very cheap compared to other entertainment options in real life.
Take a break and see how you feel I’d say.

All in all, it sounds like you are burnt out. Take a break.

2 Likes

See you next week!

3 Likes

Can I have your stuff?

Reasons why I don’t care you quit…

1. I don’t care
4 Likes

I think responses like this are absolutely hilarious. Parts of this community are completely irredeemable garbage. Literally delighting that there is one less player to support the game they enjoy.

Thanks for leaving insightful feedback OP, hopefully it’ll do its part to help bring this game back to what it used to be. Number 6 is pretty apparent, eh? They don’t even see the irony in these actions.

Safe travels friend.

12 Likes

lost me at this point, kind of glad you are leaving…people throwing out the word “snowflake” lose all credibility and not worth it.

2 Likes

You should try playing World of Tanks…

And people say WoW is broken.

Good luck!

I know one thing for sure. WoW has been pruned to death. Player agency has been removed for a lottery system that determines when you will be a winner/loser. Meh.

4 Likes

Theres a large rectangle on your keyboard.

When you press this buton while typing, it will cause your paragraphs to space.

1 Like

I was sure I was done for good after grinding for a Void Elf then never seeing Shadow buffed and it was clunky as all hell. So I took about six months off, then remembered I had this paladin sitting around so I gave her a new mog and came back to see what leveling to 120 in heirlooms and getting “easy” high level gear at cap is like.

When I quit the BFA was brand new and with the enemy scaling it was deeply unsatisfying even in full dungeon gear, especially coming off legion where I had an LFR hero that could at least beast the open world.

Queue times for dungeons were entirely too long and prone to kick making it all a waste of time. I hate this whole “we must now all use interrupts” thing, it stresses me out, I’m already hitting like six buttons at least and now I have to watch the enemies cast bars?

I used to be a dungeon fanatic but I think I’ll see how all these “easy” alternative methods to gear pan out. Don’t worry raiders I’m just looking for overworld dominance, I have no interest in your game. Also want to see if this class is easier to play and therefore more fun, seems like every time Shadow has stumped me in the past (timeless isle) I’ve been able to switch to a paladin (even though I somewhat dislike fighting melee) and relatively breeze the content.

So do take a break, it’s really healthy. I bought a PS4 because my comp is old but I can’t get MMO’s out of my blood. It has FFXIV but I wasn’t that impressed. The only kind of games I can play semi-competently are MMORPGs and NES games, 1st person crap I’ll never get a handle on. So I’m back here.

I’m not afraid to just unsub in a month if it’s unsatisfying. Right now it’s providing me hours more entertainment than the console ever did, for $15 a month.

Pretty hard to say no to that when you’re hard up for an MMO fix and you’ve already accrued 13 years of various doodads and characters that you can always come back to. I doubt most other MMOs would even run on my machine, plus I dread the idea of starting over from scratch. I have the graphics at their practically lowest settings just so I don’t freeze during a raid. It’s kind of annoying that it’s the same game all these years but the system requirements just keep climbing. At this rate I’ll need a new comp for any future expansions.

After a lot of negative thinking toward the game and telling everyone I was done for good and all, I’m now cautiously optimistic for the long term. Sooner or later there will be developer turnover and the game could get really good again. If it doesn’t, I’ll just find something else and only play occasionally when the mood strikes, like right now.

Your mileage may vary. I’d say now is a perfect time to quit, I find I have to set reasonable goals in order to play at this point. I’m not interested in high end anything, because although I’m competent, I’m by no means good. My reaction times are slow and I consistently hit wrong keys. I’m medicated, so that could be part of it.

Bottom line is I just want a powerful solo character (which means 330+ or something like that to even break the scaling). If the game can deliver me that in a reasonable fashion we’ll see how long I stick around. It’s when I start feeling powerless or wasting time too much time queuing that I start to turn away, and scaling has had that unintended consequence for me personally. So I guess we’ll see.

TL;DR Quit if you must, but don’t be afraid to come back if you can find a reason.

1 Like

Reasons is plural…

1 Like

Honestly, I do it because most of the people I know that say they are leaving the game either (a) don’t actually do it or (b) come back within like a month. There’s also so many of these “I’m leaving” posts that I honestly don’t care anymore. It’s great that they want to leave feedback, but I’m not sure GD is the appropriate place to do it.

How is it different now than in it was in Vanilla? Besides the fact that dailies/WQs give more structure than just simply farming something.

1 Like