Reasons we need Wrath era servers

I asked a GM if we could have Wrath era servers and he told me to post here.
So…
Please make Wrath of the Lich King era servers available when the cataclysm prepatch launches.
Reasons:

1. Wrath of the Lich King is the final state before the game was overhauled and should be preservered
  2. A lot of people subscribed just to play Wrath of the Lich King and will leave if we can no longer play it
  3. Trying to experience the content on a time limit is stressful. Wrath era would allow everyone to go at their own pace and fix this issue.
  4. The promise to potentially bring it back does not work. A lot of us spent a lot of time on our characters and we do not want to start over. We want to continue to play Wrath of the Lich King with our current characters.

As you can see, Wrath era servers will only be a good thing. People who are not interested in Cataclysm are not going to play Cataclysm just because its the only option. You just won’t get their $15/month. It does not make logical sense for us as players to be against having more options and more game to play either. This is literally a win-win and without Wrath era, it is a lose-lose situation. There are a lot of pros to this and absolutely zero cons.

10 Likes

Doubtful it’s worth the money to run the servers. Permanent Era servers are dead as a doornail because it turns out people don’t want to just play the same content without end forever, what reason do they have to believe people will do that for Wrath?

4 Likes

They tell you this to dump you off, knowing full well nothing will come of it.

1 Like

Wotlk is just a better expansion in every sense

2 Likes

Yeah. I want a wotlk era server too. I want to migrate all my characters there and live there forever. Mom, step dad, and I all have no plans to play Cata.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

1 Like

Seriously though, there are a couple mega toxic people in here that would eat glass if Blizzard told them to. Then defend their poor decision with their very last breath. They probably sent you here to have a good laugh.

When Classic vanilla was ending and Classic TBC was starting, there was “so many” people who wanted vanilla Era servers.
Blizzard made it real and made vanilla Era servers and what happened? Everyone transitioned to TBC and noone played Era, despite “everyone want Era” claims.

Personally, I have nothing against Era servers,but when people are using bait claims like “everyone”, “a lot of people”, it is so out of reality.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/why-i-believe-were-not-getting-wotlk-era-servers

1 Like

WoTLK servers would only hold a tenth of the player base that is in Classic Era. And that doesn’t even have too many at the moment - as it is SoD characters will be ported into their own weird dimensional servers as well once it wraps up.

Only 1-60 got changed, that is not an overhaul of the game… Your 60-80 experience is in retail as of today, you can play it whenever you want. There is nothing that should be preserved, expect your nostalgia.

And they left before wrath ended, even before ICC got released. Doesn’t look well for a permanent server?

First of all, expansions are designed for a 2 years cycle. There is not infinite content in them.
But besides that the expansion has been out for 4 years now (including OG time). How much time do you want?!? Most people raidlog and either play sod or are waiting for Cata because the game has nothing to offer.

It does. If you love wrath of the lich king then you don’t care to level a new char. Would also mean you could experience even more of the game.

I suggest the gnomes explanation to why Wrath Era will not happen:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/why-i-believe-were-not-getting-wotlk-era-servers

1 Like

Well well well, if it isn’t Yehmi so desperate to prevent any possiblity of Wrath era happening.

By your own logic, there’s no need for Cataclysm Classic to happen since all that content can be played right now in retail. What’s that? Its not the same? Well, how about that.

That’s why people want Wrath era. For the same reason you want Cataclsym. But you know what? You’re already getting what you want so please do everyone a favor and stop licking daddy Blizzard’s boots.

2 Likes

Virtual server means ‘if not using as many resources then it is allocated less of all’ and they can have one realm if its so miniscule. Surely Blizzard can afford one virtual realm.

Doesn’t matter if they can, you’re suggesting they invest in something that won’t return that investment. Even a single, unchanging server still requires some level of maintenance. If it doesn’t have a positive return then it’s a waste of resources that could be allocated elsewhere

Nevermind that even if they did do it, when the server inevitably fell to the exact same things that Era has, you’d have people once again yelling for “F R E S H” in some desperate attempt to hold on to that feeling they were never going to get from the start

This isn’t speculation, we literally have proof of what would happen with Era, which is held together by the sticks and glue that are a streamer fad and seasonal servers. The actual permanent Vanilla servers are all either dead, or dying to bots and lack of interest. As pretentious as the statement is, “you think you do, but you don’t” applies here.

Yet private servers exist.

If they cannot, they fail where the private servers succeed.

I’d rather play on an official server.

1 Like

Ah yes, private servers, which suffer a plethora of unrelated issues, chief of which being no monetary barrier of entry, meaning there’s literally no debate in the consumer of “is this worth my money or not”

1 Like

Ah yes, because as we all know, Blizzard is a small indie company that can’t afford a server

1 Like

Within 3 months no one would be playing WoTLK servers. You’d be hard pressed to find people for a dungeon, let alone a raid.