Reason for classic over retail

I’m often asked why I choose to play classic over retail. In a word? Interactions. Take what happened yesterday for example. I was busy farming cloth in Shadowmoon Valley when I noticed some priest with a few mobs beating on him. Always willing to lend a hand I tossed out a few dots (affliction lock). Unfortunately for me I underestimated the amount of mobs on him and ones that would later aggro in the ensuing chaos. I died. He managed to deal with what little remained and ressed me. Thanking me for the help and mentioned he was only there seeking a enchanting recipe from one specific mob type. I promised I would try and save those for him and focus on the others. What then took place was about an hour of cooperative play between two strangers not in a group assisting eachother with killing mobs that they would receive no credit for and savings those not needed for the other person and notifying the other when a large group of mobs had spawned for them. After that hour the guy was ecstatic. His enchanting recipe had finally dropped. He was so happy he then gifted me five stacks of cloth he had collected for my assistance. Those stacks allowed me to create enough netherweave tunics to give me enough skill points to learn the frozen netherweave shoulders. I’ve played this game since it first started. And the only time I’ve ever experienced interactions like that was from the early days.

4 Likes

Great story! I’m sure there are a fair number of players who would go out of their way to help others. But then, there are others.

1 Like