Rearranging and Removing Portals

They’ve planted their flag on a silly, ill-conceived little hill. They’re welcome to die on it for all I care.

Development on this game has been in decline for a decade now, and the state of the game now mostly makes me tired and sad. Not angry, just disappointed.

3 Likes

times X number of alts. If I am guild party farming, those 2 minutes and 20 seconds adds up to about an hour of additional time.

1 Like

Then go rp walk everywhere. Most of use players want options. You wanting slow doesn’t mean I want slow.

2 Likes

Yeah. I don’t see why everyone has to waste their time traveling just because a few people prefer it that way? Why does Sadonor (and others ok with this change) care what the rest of us do? xD

2 Likes

It takes 1 minute to go from Blasted Lands to Kara. It takes 2 mins to go from Ramkahen (Uldum) to where the CoT port took you… that really makes it not worth it anymore?

So your telling me your 15 bucks is more important then mine?

Again it all boils down to player options. No everyone plays the same.

1 Like

The problem, from my perspective, isn’t removing a series of waypoint portals. I don’t care that they’ve removed the capital city portals from Dalaran and the Shrines. What I care about is removing unique portals.

It’s one thing to shore up all the portals into one location, and limit our ability to go anywhere from anywhere. It’s another thing to say “You know what, that portal to caverns of time doesn’t feel like a good plan, let’s remove it” when it’s existed for more than half of the game.

There is/was no other portal to that location, and only the Uldum portal comes close. Even though they’re next to each other it’s actually a fairly long, boring, and uninteresting flight. It’s literally riding over empty desert for the most part.

For the Alliance side, the portal to Dalaran Crater is the only entrance to the northern Eastern Kingdoms unless the Arathi Highlands warfront is up. Removing that completely removes out ability to get near to anything up there. Now it’s just a long as heck flight path or manual flight.

ESO has Wayshrines. They’re not to everywhere, but there are a handful per zone/region. Always one next to a city, usually one next to a town. They’re probably roughly as common as Flight Paths are in Outlands.

They’re free to use if you go from a shrine to a shrine, but cost money to go from anywhere to a shrine. Farther shrines cost more.

This makes it ideal to port to a nearby shrine, then use it to go to a faraway shrine. Though, once you get involved in the game, the cost of using shrines is pretty low compared to what you can make. It’s only terribly relevant early on.

3 Likes

So X = 26? You’re running 26 alts through these raids? Because thats the only way 2 mins and 20 seconds would add up to an hour of additional time.

Blizzard is suffering from what I like to call “Developer Vision Syndrome” where no matter how much the fanbase responds about an issue, some dev has “a vision” about how things are meant to be and by hell or high water, their vision will come to fruition.

Unfortunately, Developer Vision Syndrome is terminal in most cases, only solved by quick removal of the Dev(s) in question before they sink the ship for everyone.

Symptoms include common use of the phrases: “We’re listening”, “Echo chamber”, “vocal minority” and of course “our vision for the game…”

3 Likes

Dumb Blizzard devs make dumb decision, next we will talk about how water is wet.

Its an older meme, but its still relevant.

2 Likes

Pretty much but wow has been sinking for some time. Now is time to get on a life boat before it sinks completely.

Yes, I run 26 alts through the raids/dungeons when farming for guild parties. When you need a minimum of 50 pets to give away, you have to do a lot of farming.

2 Likes

You have enough time to run 26 alts through old raids (which takes A LOT of hours), but that additional hour of travel for 26 toons combined is just the straw that broke the camels back ?

raids reset per week… I doubt he runs them all in one day

1 Like

This varies from person to person. Usually it’s something small but has been built up over time. Just saying.

4 Likes

You don’t get it why are you here?

People don’t want to waste extra time. Some people have lives. They got jobs and have limited time to play. Adding travel time is not what players need.

7 Likes

So after 8 years of leaving portals in place you’ve suddenly decided to remove them all?

Just leave the portals where they are.

Let people who want to spend hours going from one end of Kalimdor to the other go play classic.

8 Likes

This is such a load of garbage. You really think players just running somewhat near eachother is going to facilitate any sort of interaction besides seeing more blue names in their screen?

If you really want to facilitate more player interaction remove the LFG and LFR tool immediately. Force players to have to form groups with players from their realm community and building lasting relationships with them in order to run the content they want to run, just as how it was before.

Problem solved overnight.

10 Likes

Something small that finally pushes someone over the edge is literally the definition of that metaphor.

4 Likes