Rearranging and Removing Portals

of course you did your research before regurgitating that… right?

woops, it seems you didn’t.
it’s generally not a good idea to believe everything you read on the internet.
it’s been quite well established that the only relevant statistic is mau’s.
the “time played” meme is well past its expiry.

it was already explained that the offending post was removed.

getting serious in here :open_mouth:

It is actually referred to as “time spent” and it is tracked, you can call it a meme all you want but it is stated in several conference calls. There is also this slide from one on their conference calls

https://imgur.com/a/b8oejFU

While it was not mentioned in this past conference call it was in a few prior. Again it is indeed something they can pull out of their hat at anytime to show “health” of a game in general.

6 Likes

got anything from the last year or so?

im already unsubbed, having tons of fun in eso. Its funny. i thought eso was garbage a few years ago and now im having fun playing it.

4 Likes

Well the hot fix addressed frost mage questline for the artifact weapon…but did it address portals for questing players for other artifact questlines as well?

And no ETA on CoT portal either.

3 Likes

HEAR! HEAR! I second . . .or third, or whatever that opinion.

Also, love the name, I had a horse named Kisses when I was a kid. One of the meanest damn animals I ever had, to everyone but me.

Semper Fi! :us:

2 Likes

https://investor.activision.com/static-files/8229563c-2259-46c7-8acb-42ea074b896f

Scroll down to the audience reach slide:
Hours played were 20%+ higher (For COD)

Scroll down to the Deep Engagement:
Players spent a record 52 minutes per day in Activision,
Blizzard, and King games in the quarter

This was from their Nov 8th earnings call. So even though it was not in their last call it is something they can throw out when it serves them.

https://imgur.com/a/5aM1Q5F Also from their Feb call last year, a slide where I underlined a specific metric. So they use it in their presentation when it suits them.

Now back to the topic at hand, this change was still short sided given that they broke a lot of quest lines to make this happen as stated by my previous posts.

6 Likes

That is not relating specifically to WoW.
At all.
Not even close.

active users… no mention of “time played”.
it even goes as far to give a definition…

Oh, are we playing the game where you can’t grasp that “time spent” and “time played” are the same thing?

10 Likes

They track it across all games, if you think they don’t do it for WoW then I am not going to convince you. I gave examples of what is in their calls that they do indeed track this, again across everything. I do believe Blizzard in that statement would include WoW.

10 Likes

Ignore Nobully; he’s nothing but a troll who lives to be downvoted…I MEAN…flagged. since Blizzard refuses to remove such posts on an individual basis, preferring to simply lock down the ENTIRE THREAD, he does his best to bring out the worst.
Not worth anyone’s time to respond to.
Flips hair, then goes back to enjoying a delicious breakfast

14 Likes

Oh I know, not to mention the trying to side track which I am guilty of this once. shrug

Also, interestingly I was thinking that if the portal change was to increase the “time spent” and people actually start cutting down on what they used to do, they might just be at the point at where they started. I know I have cut back on a few characters I used to run for the Pandaland world bosses.

2 Likes

I had four max level characters I was running through their emissaries daily, with a fifth I’d run every three days. Now those characters are all parked in the shrines in Pandaria, and I’ve only logged in on one of them. Did two emissaries, logged out, and spent the rest of the night getting my chocobo mount in FF14. So the “friction” they were using to keep players out of older content, has instead turned into friction that’s keeping me out of the game entirely.

10 Likes

Starting to feel the same way, I am just mainly going back and working on things I did not do on this character and limiting what I am doing. Have been struggling to log in more and more since BFA, just lost the urge to do much in the game these days, this just makes it worse.

2 Likes

If it hasn’t been pointed out already, I think Blizzard needs to recognize that one of the biggest reasons for me being upset about Portal Prune '19, is the fact that I used the portals to farm the only things that have any lasting value for my characters: Mounts and mogs.

Character power has no impact because of scaling.
Artifact power is smoke that has no value.
Class talents and skills are upended every expansion or patch.

My MM hunter has nothing that made it fun to play over the first few expansions. None of the classes have any complexities and very little in the fun value department.

If people want to know why portal removal was a hill to die on for some players, there you go. It makes it harder to farm anything of lasting value. Whether or not you agree that it’s objectively harder is a different thing entirely. The point is that there are a lot of people that probably feel the same way, and see the whole prune as pointless and Blizzard’s arguments as extremely hollow, especially when they’re feigning RPG aspect, when scaling and time/rep gating has obliterated the RPG aspect of this game.

14 Likes

I got a theory.
Lets see if its true.

Ditto.
Havent played WoW in quite some time.
Multiple accounts, dozens of characters. 11 of them in BfA content.
Just not interested in playing their childish games anymore.

3 Likes

My farming also included a lot of classic mats to sell on the AH.
Wildvine was going for 1200g each. I could get 4 or 5 of them pretty quickly a few times a day.
Tons of old mats sell for tons of gold. But I aint interested in having 90+ minutes of MY time stolen from me every day just because Blizzard feels like it.
ESO is just fine. I made 20,000 gold pretty quickly, so while I dont have the same options, I can still enjoy farming mats and relaxing while Im doing it.

3 Likes

he does seem to have some issues with either adding 2 and 2…or pretending that he does.

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1:
Funny that theyve chosen to not ban for trolling like they love to do around here…but just keep silencing the entire thread instead.

2 Likes