Rearranging and Removing Portals

I am out of likes but yes, this times infinity.

Agree 100%. A lot of people play this game to unwind… the boring and frustrating extra time is counterproductive to that. When I’m extra stressed out, I enjoy running old content because it’s laid back. If the journey there stresses me out more though… then that’s extra stress I don’t need on top of everything else. At that point I just won’t log in because sometimes I just need a break from current content. I know I’m not the only person who feels this way.

7 Likes

You aren’t alone here, trust me. A lot of people are upset about this. More so than who are for it.

3 Likes

Lol… the “hold my beer” comment just gave me a much needed laugh.

Pets are practically the only thing my sister logs in for these days. That plus events like the Darkmoon Faire and Holidays. She has lots and lots of alts (whom she refers to as her “family”).

She is totally bummed by these changes but isn’t likely to come to the forums to complain. It’s totally not her thing. She’s the type who will just stop playing and cancel her sub without a word. But right now she’s just waiting to see how badly these changes ruin her enjoyment of the game. She’s always willing to give Blizzard a chance.

4 Likes

I hope for her that they change them. Well, for everyone, but you know what I mean. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, I just restarted working on my rogue for the Class mount. Got him up to 110 yesterday. I gotta figure out all the stuff he has to do (because it feels like Legion was four expansions ago). I think he just needs to do the Class Hall campaign and the Broken Shore story line. It’s really weird doing Legion without any Artifact stuff though. I’m trying to decide whether to bring him to BfA for some new weapons, or just keep muddling through with burnt-out artifacts.

I absolutely love in game holidays and collecting pets… might not be doing them as much anymore with these changes though. A game should be fun and challenging… not inconvenient and frustrating. At least for now I will continue to play… but the current downward spiral has me questioning that… and I was one of the few weirdos that didn’t hate WoD. I hate that there’s a chance that this game will fall apart so bad that I won’t be able to tolerate it despite how much I love aspects of it and have very fond memories. WoW has such potential that it’s just painful to watch what they are doing to it now. Fingers are crossed that things improve soon.

8 Likes

I think a lot of us on the forums feel this way. That’s why we’re here posting, trying to get Blizzard to correct this course they’re on.

1 Like

Yeah, I still have hope. I am unsure why but this many posts in this little time shows how much the players dislike the change.

I know it involves going to all the major cities of the opposing faction. I did it on my blood elf rogue, but I honestly can’t remember the details. Hopefully the portal changes won’t influence it too much.

This is what so many people are refusing to see. It’s not JUST people upset about the portals. It’s people upset about the entire philosophy that leads to things being removed or changed for no benefit to the game, particularly when there are so many aspects of the game which would have benefitted from those wasted dev hours.

9 Likes

Yeah, I am annoyed at the portals, but it’s about everything that they’ve taken away for no reason lol.

1 Like

This analogy would only be correct if a few things were true.
A. The restaurant decided to make some of the chefs(developers/coders) wash dishes because they just laid off the dishwashers.
B. The restaurant made this decision despite service being 15 minutes behind on tickets and already short handed(tons of bugs, poorly developed systems, class design generally viewed as worse than previous expansions).
C. The restaurant had a history of doing this despite a decline in return customers and a poorly received revision to their menus(BfA, WoD).

1 Like

I wish they would focus more on fixing problems instead of creating them.
What happens for the portals for legion and MoP for anyone in warmode? If they aren’t going to be sanctuaries there’s going to be a lot of unnecessary ganking.

4 Likes

They probably want people to play in war mode since it was a big part of this expansion anyways.

Yeah, I was looking forward to the patch, allied races and shiny new portal rooms, until we learned that the shiny new portal rooms meant losing functionality in every hub that isn’t SW/Org, and losing some portals outright. All because of some fake “tradition” that never existed, and the devs’ desperate need to keep us all in approved content.

6 Likes

Lol they had the audacity to say it was a tradition.

7 Likes

I used to play on a PVP server before warmode was a thing. But Blizzard released steaming sacks of crap for classes and any incentive to do warmode flew out the window.

Protip to Blizzard: Make sure your base classes actually work first before you big note how great warmode is as a feature for this expansion. Class balance, a far more important issue that @#$!ing portals and you’re wasting money on portals instead of making world PVP worth a &#!$ again.

Someone at Blizzard: But what if the players get too excited? Better do something about that.

1 Like