Rearranging and Removing Portals

Good for you?

Ah ,yeah your ,undead.

Great response. Totally not generic at all

That makes complete sense. That’s why it makes no sense to Blizzard.

2 Likes

I think i got two mounts so far in Bfa.Is there more?

Agree …:wink: hopefully they will.

Yes, but some 3 of them are from older content zones so you might be ridiculed for wanting to get them. Being that it might be easier to take a couple portals to go to the areas you want to fish.

1 Like

The Blizzard reasoning (and forgive the half-dozen of my “fans” who are going to jump on this) is that they don’t want every old city to be the multi-purpose do-it-all center that it may have been when it was current. They want to shuffle people back into Orgrimmar and Stormwind, and to the current BfA cities.

There are some oddities with their choices, like no Caverns of Time portal and all, and the portal to Legion from the new room is going to go to Azsuna and not Dalaran. I think in a short time they may add some lost functionality back to the new rooms, but not everything.

hmm, I’ll try them or die dramatically as always< always happens i got use to it.

But why? How does it affect the current content if I prefer to drop by Dalaran instead of Stormwind? What does it add to the game?

6 Likes

I have 100, and I love them all.
34 are 110+
14 are fully leveled.
They each have their own personality, their own backstory, their own reason for existing and their own unique, (to my collection of toons,) transmog.

I play or have played every aspect of the game, and collecting pets, recipes and transmogs, gradually leveling my various toons and helping my handicapped son level up and play are all important to me.

Since the lies and condescension/abuse dished out to players from the beginning of WoD we have been getting more and more annoyed at the devs’ attitudes and their greedy manipulation to pressure us into playing longer and buying boosts. If Blizzard ran a dairy they’d keep the cows attached to milking machines until a week of that killed them, thinking there would always be plenty more cows.

Well there aren’t plenty of new players. One hardly ever sees a new player in this game now, and much has been done to discourage those few who do try. So those of us leaving WoW after this latest show of contempt from the devs will not be replaced, and we certainly won’t be persuading new players to begin playing.

4 Likes

Which is silly, when you think about it. They want the world to feel bigger, but they also want to funnel us into one city each, where we’re going to spend most of our time? If they really wanted the world to feel bigger to us they’d put all of these accommodations in the other cities too, so we can go where we want. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

It adds nothing except nothingness in old cities.

The old cities is not being used like it once did.

Ironforge, Exodar, Silvermoon, Thunder Bluff. Why can’t these cities have portals? And again why O why has a magic city of magic called Dalaren shutting down portals? It is a mage city.

3 Likes

I get wanting people to do current content, but I feel like there would have been better ways to go about that. Plus, if people enjoy old content, why discourage them from it? Everyone plays this game differently, and honestly that’s a big reason of why I play. I want to enjoy all of it as I’m sure many others do.
Hopefully they will return at least some of the portals soon… even if it is only in the new portal room. It’s better than nothing.
As a side note, I’m hoping that funneling everyone together like this doesn’t lead to more lag spikes.

5 Likes

No first post ever spoke with truer words.
Just a friendly reminder from an old forum crawler: the moderators have gotten a wee more strict. Speak your mind yes; just remember the words of America’s greatest hero, Captain America when he said…
‘‘LANGUAGE!’’.
Flips hair

P.S. Welcome to the Mudpits!
P.P.S. All out of likes so here’s a :+1:

1 Like

You can say crap, it’s not one of the forbidden words

What said is true .I haven’t seen hardly any new player come in on our server.I even waited for a new player to show up with a 30 slot bag and gold to help whoever out.I waited nearly 4 hrs.

1 Like

Yeah it is, unfortunately. I didn’t get punished for it but a mod took it out of my post when I said it.

Really, ok I stand corrected good Sir.

You are not wrong sir/ma’am. This was recently revealed to me personally, and I know we aren’t allowed to discuss such things so I won’t - but it made me aware of how things are for the moderators nowadays.