Rearranging and Removing Portals

Well, there’s two threads. Both should never have existed anyways. This problem was never a problem until they made it one.

2 Likes

His arguments have been all over the place. Inconveniences are important, and that’s why they’re removing the existing portals, but making every single flight path into a portal is…different, somehow.

What do you mean? You want to solve this “problem” by having instant teleportation. Just in case you didn’t know, we already have that in game. So you want to create a different way of doing the same thing that we already have.

I’m suggesting making flight paths have a skip button and work like the whistle if the person wants.

If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it

I can’t imagine anything more broken than a 10 min unskipable cinematic as a form of fast travel.

You are just making more inconvenience for players and all that does is make people angry.

If you do not realize, I’m advocating for the opposite. This is why you should read what you respond to.

Yeah, holy cow. I thought I’d seen it all lol. I guess not.

To be fair, that’s the same system the other top 3 MMOs use, basically. FF14 less so, but GW2 and ESO both have waypoints you use to travel around.

1 Like

If you are advocating for convenience then say you want the portals to stay. Otherwise everything you’ve said it complete nonsense because you want to exchange instant teleportation for instant teleportation. Which is the dumbest thing on this thread.

Yes, this game is heavily about inconveniences and solutions to that. This doesn’t change the fact that some specific inconveniences are madness. Arguing that it is an inconvenience and therefore should be removed is not a valid reasoning in an MMO. Arguing that it makes people alt tab is.

If they are madness, don’t use them!

1 Like

If you are advocating for convenience then say you want the portals to stay.

i’m not advocating for convenience for the sake of convenience, I’m advocating for the root of the issue to be removed. The inconvenience could be replaced with an extra fee on the flight master, Idk, but at least it would be gameplay.

…especially when you consider how long ‘Parental Controls’ have been in this game AND the warning tip to encourage ‘moderation in all things’ randomly appearing on the login screen.
Flips hair

If they are madness, don’t use them!

I don’t have an option to. There is no alternatives for moving around in the world unless you want me to walk everywhere.

Well, yes, and I wouldn’t argue against fast travel personally…but I also wouldn’t be arguing for it at the same time I was arguing that removing our existing travel options is a good idea.

1 Like

Yup, you have to walk everywhere. There’s no options to get anywhere quickly in game right now. None at all!

So your logic is that rewarding legendary loot to mind numbing activity with gambling elements is fine because we have parenting control and texts asking you to be moderate. come on dude, be reasonable, look at what you are defending… How is this not a problem with the game?

You don’t like it so you don’t want people to get rewards from it. Why do you care?

1 Like

Wasn’t that .It’s a portal thread off the subject is being tangent.But please go on,lol

Come on dude, you are not being reasonable. You are seriously suggesting that I should walk everywhere. Come on…

You said it yourself. I didn’t suggest anything lol.

That was made as a joke about nostalgia, not a complaint to remove portals. Especially when several of the removed portals don’t even match up with Mage portals.

Dude we are reaching 5000 comments, everything that is related only to the main subject and nothing else was already said hundreds of times. Tangents are inevitable at this point.