Rearranging and Removing Portals

The million dollar question is this and its been unanswered

There are so many other things wrong with BFA and the feedback is crystal clear, SO why are you developers wasting time fixing yet another thing thats not broken? The portals werent ever an issue unlike the other systems wrong with BFA? DO you not listen to those that have unsubbed ever?

3 Likes

As a Mage since Vanilla I could imagine my opinion on transport might not hold too much weight however I appreciate the blue post about this. Design wise it seems to make sense to me.

The only issue I have with the current design is the removal of the COT portal from old Dalaran. This has been here since Wrath and is the only means of reaching Southern Kalmindor minus Uldum (Org > Uldum) or Silithus (Draz > Silithus) both have a decent travel time to get to COT from there. This is remedied by me being a Mage and setting my hearth to Gadgetzan, however its not ideal for all.

I know plenty of people who farm DS for the mounts still including myself (400ish and counting -_-) and see no reason to increase the time needed to do so. All the RP already takes long enough.

4 Likes

Solution you say? What are solutions for? Solutions are for problems. You are admitting this a problem but still defending it. You are a sad sad strange little man. And you have my pity.

1 Like

:+1:

Pathfinder…pointless and unnecessary
Master loot removed…pointless and unnecessary
Portals removed…pointless and unnecessary
massive nerfing to mats dropped in BfA…pointless and unnecessary.

And yet that blasted ‘in combat’ bug persists.

8 Likes

Rationally, logically… I SHOULD NOT CARE that ToC/Wyrmrest/Dal-crater portals are going away.

But I do care.

• Despite having given up on ever getting the last 3 mounts from Dragon Soul with a 00.01% drop rate.
  • Despite intending to, but never getting around to finishing those last few reps in Northrend that I’m missing.
  • Despite still checking the ownership of Wintergrasp to see if I can farm Archevon for a few more missing pieces of xmog…
  • Despite given up on getting the other ‘Binding of the Windseeker’ from Molten Core…

I care because time has value. Repeating the same NON-INTERACTIVE content dozens upon dozens of times is not ‘playing’, it’s not ‘immersive’ it’s “time to tab out and do other stuff while I’m waiting for the game to catch up.”

I was hanging on to the delusion that at some point, I’d ever want to go back and resume attempting to obtain those missing legacy bits.

Making those legacy places more inconvenient simply makes it easier for me to give up pretending like I ever want to go back to them again. And when I run out of other current things to do in WoW, as I always do… I’ll just find another game until new content comes out instead.

So, I guess… thanks.

9 Likes

Specific items players have to get, and in most cases temporarily equip, is very tedious and not a good route to go down. I don’t really use them for that exact reason; it’s stupid to have to equip an item just for the teleport, then un-equip it. Make them work like hearthstones, and you might have yourself a deal.

And bring down the prices on some of them.

Actually you’ve neglected to do that from since Mists, and it was a welcome change.

10 Likes

STOP TRYING TO WASTE OUR TIME.

We want the portals left the way they are, there is no GOOD reason to remove them. It breaks the immersion of the game to have them one day and gone the next. ESPECIALLY the ones that have been there for a decade or longer.

The only change that made sense was the ship to Darnassus because of the conflict in Darkshore and the sacking of Darnassus. You could have had the boat go to Exodar and leave the portal to Boralus in the Mage tower. Why you put a portal in the mage tower to Boralus and not Stormwind keep I haven’t the slightest idea.

2 Likes

They can try. But the Blizzard forum isn’t the only place people discuss things WoW. They cant stop the upset from pouring out in every other place WoW is discussed.

1 Like

We have to care because Blizzard is like that neighbor who borrows a cup of sugar one day.
The next day they want to borrow $5.
And the next theyre needing a ride somewhere.
Day or two later they want to know if they can borrow your car.
Soon enough theyre asking for rent money because they got ‘robbed’ in the walmart parking lot.

Gotta stop the bleeding ASAP or they just keep escalating.

2 Likes

They don’t care about their own forums feedback, why would they care about other websites feedback? That was so hard to type. It shouldn’t be this hard to listen to your players but to them it’s like if they do the world is ending.

1 Like

I had had the cloaks since they were introduced in Cata. Have the time I forget to reequip my cloak and then queue for a dungeon and half way through someone says why do you have a level 30 cloak on in a 115 dungeon?

They cant stop this and they know it.
shut us down here and there are 1000 forums and sites like Reddit that Ive linked a few times now that they have no control over.

One would think the Master Loot lovers would finally be catching on here and take a stand too.
Guess that stockholm syndrome theory of mine is spot on.

TIME IS MONEY FRIEND.

3 Likes

I use the ‘tome of teleportation’ addon, it’s pretty good about re-equipping your proper gear after using the trinket to timeless isle / cloak of coordination / jaina’s locket.

They do seem to care a little more when it is a format they cant control. Then they start the PR spin.

1 Like

The latest xpac is less than ideal (being kind) and now you’re “messing” with the achievement , mog and mount players in old zones. Blizz - I would argue that there’s probably a good % of players who were staying subbed for running old content until 8.2 or even 9.0 dropped. Now you’ve alienated more players over some nebulous idea of making the world bigger?

2 Likes

Well, as I said in the other thread, it’s now their way or the highway.

Starts at the top with the ignorant Ion, and works down.

gg Blizz, you’ve finally reached Activision Drone status.

1 Like

The problem here is that you equate feedback with a vote. 1,000 people can be against the portal eliminations, and even after weeding out the yellers and 1-liner “gimme it back!” types, and they have 750 reasonable arguments, that doesn’t mean the devs go “well, I guess the numbers are against us, let’s reverse”.

It doesn’t work that way, and it is rather naive to think that it does.

Is that supposed to mean something to me? I’m not a raider.

I would add that power “transporters” already have the transport items and they are part of our routines. It’s not like we dont know they are there. We use them in addition to the existing portals.

3 Likes

Removing Master Loot solved an issue of greedy raid leaders. Removing FREE FOR ALL really annoyed me.

2 Likes