Realms incompatible

Hello, ran into this on Retail servers yesterday. No issues on TBC Classic.

To not get stuck on first step of basic advice i am here to say that i have

  1. Closed all tasks in task manager related to WoW and Blizzard app

  2. Restarted PC

  3. Looked for an update
    4. Scanned and repaired
    5. Reinstalled
    6. Tried a VPN.
    7. Tried hotspot

After closing the launcher and right click the button labeled battle.net, don’t use the on labeled world of warcraft, and use run as administrator. Hopefully getting a warning from windows.

And check any possible security software.

When you reinstalled was it the launcher?

Yes, ive reinstalled both WoW only, but also the launcher and wow completely. The administator try also didn’t do anything

Security software? Might come in different apps, that provides drivers updates, scan for malware, etc. Unfortunately your device is completely unknown to me, so trying to sort this one setence at a time isn’t very productive. Maybe try looking up how to start windows in selective startup to limit what’s in the background when you start the app launcher.

The support page, which you might have tried things in it already. But just in case.

This happens to me every single patch week. i have to keep flushing my DNS and checking for updates. Eventually it works. Uninstalling/scanning repairing never works. Every patch i have to do this

ipconfig /flushdns → check for updates. Repeat until it installs.

Edit. 8 tries to run today. Joyful.

this happens to me every 4 weeks. so I feel for you. currently having same issue. I’ve uninstalled WOW, WOW Classic and BNET now when I try to download bnet it goes to 5% then stops with an error.

This has happened to me pretty much every patch day since Midnight dropped. Even had it show up on a early Tuesday morning before the patch. My client refuses to update and I struggle for an hour or more trying uninstall and reinstall the launcher and flush dns and all the other things suggested. There is an issue with this and Blizzard only suggests I ask for help from the community or that I have uninstall my game each time or the ridiculous create a new profile in Windows.

I should NOT have to remove my game each time to update it.

This week instead of removing my game, I renamed the folder to something like “This is the old one” and then it tirggered the update and even found the game under the renamed folder!!!

Obviously there is an issue with the update scheme and Blizzard needs to actually fix it

Thank you for trying to help, but the problem is not from his side, I was getting the same issue, I found a page that was saying current version is something something, and checked with mine and mine was older. tried updating, nothing happened. then deleted the wow.exe and started a scan and repair, it downloaded 7GB and then same error and same client version. Closed the bnet and opened again, it started downloading 7GB again, and after completion, the same error. tried 3 times, deleted bnet and downloaded it again and it downloaded 7GB one more time. I checked the file sizes and dates then started bnet again, while watching it started downloading 7GB again! and at the end the same error again!

I’m sorry but my 100GB internet quota doesn’t allow me to try more! I’ll wait until it get fixed!

Apparently I cannot write bnet with a dot in it, forum thinks I’m posting link and it is not allowed!