Realm Transfers for Thunderfury

Sorry, kid. I think you need to take a break from the forums. You seem really upset over some back and forth that was supposed to be about my problem that you turned into a bunch of projections.

Think what you want, I don’t want to rub your ego the wrong way any more. You’ve clearly had a worse day than I have.

Tbf they are solid, but their association with certain groups of people is a hard turn off.

Oh you’re OP?

So you’re just big mad that I reiterated that Blizzard isn’t going to help you, and you’re big mad about it.

Got it.

Whatever you say Tanner, keep coping.

Oh I will. I think you, Tanner, are an aging old man who still uses “Customer Support Numbers” as a means of communication, and are just trying to relive your glory days in wow but are currently on a dead server and don’t want to fork over your shekels to daddy Blizzard (again), so you came to an open forum to vent and didn’t get the responses you wanted. Seems to sum it up nicely.

Had a great day.

What was that about projection though? Like I said, keep coping.

You know what, seethe me for actually.

Until next time, Tanner.

1 Like

Yes, seethe me for. Seethe me for.

I didn’t point it out, but I know you’re seething for me, and want any shot you can get, so have yours back at you, bud. I mean Tanner.

Sounds like something I’d hear out of an anime when the bad guy feels he has done something to inconvenience protagonist. All jokes aside, have a good night dude. I won’t be seething over a forum post any time soon.

Goodnight Tanner. I may find you annoying, but on the real level, I do hope you have a good nights sleep.

1 Like

Man, I envied Thunderfury for the faction balance and decent population for a non-mega server. What happened?

2 Likes

sneaky get ur behind over to grobb already

Probably the same thing that happened to every server like them.

Server was perfect. People panicked over what would happen if everyone left. So they themselves left causing the very problem they feared thinking they were avoiding the inevitable. Ill bet those idiots actually look back at their dead servers and think “wow we really dodged a bullet.” They were the bullet

6 Likes

:^)

Same thing that happened to Krom. People left for Bene and kept saying “dead server” on repeat in LFG. Once it starts, guilds leave one-by-one. After a few weeks, most people are gone.

3 Likes

RIP

Doomsayers are the worst.

3 Likes

Going to have to say it was the cause of those medium realms that are now dead to fall. There was hope the free transfers were to bolster the medium pop realms so they held out for the free transfers. When those free transfer got the option to go to the mega realms. It was written on the wall that their realms would die next.

Some like my guild fought it… but like with Solguard’s case it wasn’t enough. Guilds started transferring, players starter transferring, and my guild was left with one option. Transfer or disband.

and I quit. Personal loot is a cancer system.

If that answer is clear I don’t know what to tell you. The reason none of those are in-game is because of the outrage that came from the deluxe edition and boost that is brought with it. The whole classic thing is predicated on those things from retail not being here to ruin the game for those that quit in Cata-WoD due to those changes. If Blizzard were to implement those things to generate money it would kill the game outright.

If I am not mistaken Blizzard had no problems implementing the WoW Token for China where they are more accepting of that type of thing. However, with the launch of Wrath, I can tell you that both faction transfers and race changes would be in-game. Simply because Blizzard can claim that is when they were introduced the first time around.

On topic, with the thread. I hope Thunderfury gets transfers soon as I refuse to pay 200 USD to transfer my toons. Would sooner give Konami’s Master Duel that than Blizzard.

2 Likes

Transferred from Sulfuras to Thunderfury in September 2020 when Sulf-Alliance cratered to <500.

Now Thunder-Alliance is <500. I’m getting all my affairs (e.g. mail) in order. Will likely transfer my entire Horde and Alliance roster from Thunderfury to Grobbulus. Don’t want to pay again, but ultimately it’s pay or unsubscribe and wait to see if Blizzard offers free transfers off Thunderfury. :expressionless:

3 Likes

Hey dude, in the same boat to the realm on either end. I did transfer one from TF->Grobb. Appreciate knowing you’re going through the same struggle - this is what I made this post for.

I’m hoping that we get fair treatment before it’s far too late.

1 Like

I ended up transferring to Grobbulus this morning. I guess this will be my ‘last stand’ here on Grobbulus now with the way non-megaservers are imploding.

3 Likes

and that is why I just went to Benediction. If it goes down classic is more or less done for so at least I’m in the final bastion as it were.

Thunderfury down another 413 players from logs and arena(144 Alliance and 279 Horde). Reporting 217 Alliance and 1068 Horde.

2 Likes

Weekly report on Thunderfury.

Thunderfury is down another 335 trackable players.

Alliance is down another 111 players from last week. A total of 106 Alliance left.
Horde is down another 224 players from last week. A total of 844 Horde left.

A total of 950 players remain. We are officially under 1000 recorded characters. Alliance is dangerously close to being under 100 characters.

Transfers are needed now more than ever.

1 Like

In the community council forum they mentioned free transfers are coming. I would hold onto your wallets…the fewer people buying transfers the sooner they will implement free ones.

Source: [SoM] Servers in disarray since launch

2 Likes

A bit late, but I wanted to thank the people who were chiming in with support. I would like to throw some love to all the people who have been continuing to play and put up with the perpetual realm death. Thunderfury got free transfers, just a bit after I would have hoped.

Blizzard offered, initially, a discount to realm transfers for classic WoW and TBC (33% off or something like that?) a week before they made a few more servers, including Thunderfury – what this thread was about – offer free transfers.

Blizzard does care to not lose more people, but they still show their aptitude to still try and profit before they make the right move (which is the free move).

Just making it clear and leave as permanent a record as I can, for anyone who is interested and for future reference, because I know that the shadiness may not be documented elsewhere.

Thanks Blizz if you’re reading this, but if you can, let everyone know the whole way up the decision making chain how absolutely shady, money-grubbing, and disrespectful it was to attempt to coax a few more customers to pay for transfers immediately before making them free was in general.

The people making that decision won’t, and do not care.

But there are probably people at Activision-Blizzard who are ashamed of decisions like this, and as a long-time customer, I sincerely hope one of the Activision-Blizzard folk will relay that message for me to someone who never cares to listen to the opinions of players.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.