Realm Selection for new player

Hello people!

I’m fairly new to WoW. I got caught up in the hype for Classic and decided to create a character in the normal game. Logging into my Blizzard account, I found a character I had already started working on a year ago. Began playing it again. I’m now a Lv50 Human Warrior.

I was having some issues selling on AH and then realized my character had been created on Aegwynn (New Player Realm). The economy is crap because of the low population.

I finally did research into what Realms actually were. Having experience with other MMOs, I previously assumed realms worked similarly to ‘worlds’ and could be jumped between at will. Obviously not!

I’d like to be on a high-ish populated server so there is a stable economy, fun guilds to join, and friends to make. I’m looking for some recommendations. If anyone has had good experiences on any of these servers I’ve narrowed down, I’d appreciate your input!

I took a list of all realms hosted in the Chicago datacenter (closest to me), removed all RP servers, and removed Eastern-time servers, and I was left with the following list.

Type Realm Name

US Central Time

• Normal Alexstrasza
  • Normal Alleria
  • Normal Blackhand
  • Normal Garona
  • Normal Hellscream
  • Normal Kael’thas
  • Normal Ravencrest
  • Normal Whisperwind
  • Normal Madoran
  • Normal Aggramar
  • Normal Malygos
  • Normal Thunderhorn
  • Normal Greymane
  • Normal Malfurion
  • Normal Staghelm

US Pacific Time

• Normal Baelgun
  • Normal Moonrunner

Being a new player, I have no knowledge of ‘famous’ realms and other quirks (I’ve heard the name ‘Argent Dawn’ before, but it was a RP realm). I’m looking for basic suggestions. Anyone have personal experience with one of these? Maybe there is a different one you’d recommend more then the list I narrowed down.

Aegwynn is a connected realm with Bonechewer, Daggerspine, Gurubashi, and Hakkar. they share the AH, guilds, and mail.

Although each individual realm is currently low pop, connected together, they are a medium pop.

Lack of activity in the retail version AH, and other areas, is happening across all realms at the moment as most players are currently in Classic until the shiny newness wears off.

Wait until classic has been out for 4-6 weeks before putting currency down for a transfer as a solution which likely doesn’t exist at this point in time.

1 Like