Realm names? When?

lol well played. Serves me right for using my phone to type out replies.

1 Like

Actually, it was only asked 99 times before, but this puts it at an even 100. Thank you for your service! :wink:

1 Like

Yeah actually that’s true.

Makes sense since it seems the character creation will be open from the 12th until launch

Yes but realm names need to be out so guilds know what server to res there name in.

3 Likes

I am guessing that they will have all the server names available as well as realm type when they have that last test, since it will not be a beta stress test. We will be using our Classic client at that time, and it only makes sense to list them then.

Just my opinion, however, so don’t count on it. :wink:

3 Likes

Exactly! If Blizz does not plan to have RP-PvP servers on launch, more time will be needed to coordinate which PvP realm people would play on as the unofficial RP-PvP realm.

1 Like

Never! When we log in we will play realm roulette and where we get assigned is it! May the odds be ever in your favor.

1 Like

A guild that has officers that can’t decide on which server they’re going to go to in two weeks is one that you probably want to avoid to begin with. That’s some crap organization skills.

Seriously, how hard is it to put out an email or something on discord and say, “OK, server list is out, everyone go to this server”?

1 Like

Nope, name reservation opens the 12th. That’s 8 days from now.

And you’ll have two weeks from that time until the game goes live. If you and your friends can’t pick what server you want in two weeks, then you have bigger problems to worry about.

Which means meanwhile, the name I want is taken. That’s BS. And you know it.

He/She knows that quite well.

1 Like

Unless you were dead set on having your frost mage named Elsa, or a night elf hunter named Legolass, or some other common name, the odds that someone will pick the exact name you’re going for is incredibly small. Hell, playing since TBC and making dozens of characters over the years on the live game, I’ve never had a character name be already taken, except for the time I tried to make a dwarf warrior named Gimli. So… don’t be basic?

People are expecting guilds to know the day character creation is live. No one wants to make their toons 3 days after everyone else. Plus blizz already said it would be before the 12th anyway.

1 Like

Honestly, I’ve worked enough retail/food service to believe that people, by and large, are idiots, and their expectations are rarely based on anything approaching reality.

Lol i get that kind of cynicism.

Server names please!

1 Like

"Soon"™ as Blizz would say

All servers will be named Moon Guard. The starting zone for all races will be the Goldshire Inn.

3 Likes