Realm Consolidation - Wild Growth

Good afternoon everyone,

The dust settles on our recent character moves in Season of Discovery and much like a similar situation in Europe, the Wild Growth realm isn’t where we want it to be. Having multiple realms with populations under that of Crusader Strike is no longer acceptable to Johnathon L. Blizzard.

But, Wild Growth is now looking a little too lean even after recent transfer additions to the realm. As a result we are going to mark Wild Growth as closed to new accounts and open transfers to the Lone Wolf PvP and Crusader Strike RP-PvP realms. It is our hope that you will still be able to recreate your communities on these much larger realms, and hopefully attract some new role-players too!

These changes have already gone into effect and the transfers are open and will remain open for the lifetime of the realm. You can find the free transfer option in the in-game store while at the character select screen.

10 Likes

I have to agree. As we all are well aware at this stage in SoD, if you’re sitting under 10 layers your basically not even playing the game. I think Blizzard should get ahead of the curve on this one and open all realms up to free xfer’s to Crusader Strike.

7 Likes

Fax Blizzard Entertainment dot com your resume right now.

1 Like

Crusader Strike is a dead server according to this one random guy in trade so I don’t know why you’d send anyone there

1 Like

dead srvr re-roll jom gabbar. there is no pvp in strangle the thorns.

1 Like

Not fair that was actually a dead server by the end, too many doomsayers and one month fomo players

But what they did to LL and CB is unacceptable. The pop was fine and may have been fine for a while, we will never know because it’s life was ended prematurely

2 Likes

So glad we have the one true RP server now in CS, just like the founding fathers Tom & Josh intended. The real RP is the facade that it is one at all, they are very skilled to have been staying in character for this long

wat no streamers???

close realm bye

98% of the lava lash playerbase were still on lava lash because, surprise, we actually LIKE the smaller community. One of my favorite things about playing classic, or even vanilla back in the day, was the fact that I recognize people. I can actually see names that I’m like, “Wow, they’re still going at this grind” or “Oh yeah, we did a dungeon before and you rocked it. Come join our raid.” And I consider myself a fairly hardcore raider. It wasn’t about the raiding in realm choice. It’s that RP PvE realms are chill vibes and comfy communities. To us, Wild Growth is just a megaserver with no overarching community and Crusader Strike is a streamer cesspool of griefers. I’d rather play on a server with 1 layer than more than 5 at all times.

6 Likes

Strong agree and this is even more true with an RP server.

One of my favorite memories of my 2019 Classic server was grouping up with a player who seemed nice for the Arathi quests and then seeing him join the guild a few days later, and then he was there with us until Naxx 40.

Overall I find player and guild recognition to mean a lot, I love being around the same people, and this only really happens on servers that don’t have 30k populations.

Sadly I don’t think that Blizzard understands how big of a thing server community is to some people and I think that’s related to what the devs themselves find to be important, but also perhaps a direction from higher-ups to cull smaller servers.

Anyway, I mostly posted to just agree with what you said.

RIP Lava Lash.

2 Likes

RIP Chaos Bolt
RIP Lava Lash
RIP RP

:saluting_face:

3 Likes

Only 5,000 layers! SERVER IS DEAD. We want you to have a social experience on a mega server LOL!
I’m wondering if they are to shutting servers down to save money, department executives get bonuses if they cut cost.

2 Likes

98% of alliance lava lash you mean. Everyone I talked to horde side wanted off the server.

I find it interesting how things are said.

They claim on one hand that they care about community with SoD, but then show with red flashing light proof that this is the thing they care about the very least.

1 Like

Did you talk to the 20 people that rolled on the server specifically because their first choice had a queue?

Because no one in my guilds happy about this and we’re all horde side. And alot of people are very upset at this change.

2 Likes

Whitemain (classic mega server) incoming! One big mega server is all SOD needs now.

basically, crusader strike at the moment

Honestly, just think of the costs to be saved and how impressively the numbers can be fudged if everyone is on 1 server. They should just close Wild Growth and move everyone to Crusader Strike. The majority of players want to be on a PvP server anyways.

25K players on Wild Growth is not going to look good at the next stockholder meeting. I mean, come on, the realm name is a total misnomer. To hit expectations it was supposed to be at least 200k. It must be merged. If you have 1 server, the average number of players per server goes up and you can brag about how high the average is. It’s simple logic.

You have people who hate SoD essentially making this argument.

ah the nostalgia