Realm Connections -- September 2-3

Why on Earth are you not giving Barthilas those two realms?!

This makes NO sense! This determination makes actually less sense than connecting Hyjal to Proudmoore. The amount of times I have been grouped with Frostmourneā€™s Horde since starting this game, is twice. I was grouped with both of them only in 2020ā€¦ To have encountered almost literally no one from Horde on Frostmourne in 14-15 years speaks volumes on the population disparity.

Youā€™re taking an already incredibly low number of players on one faction and connecting them to a realm that is entirely controlled by the other faction. What benefit does it give the smaller player base to connect these realms? So that the players on Dreadmaul and Thaurissan can group up and/or join a guild with the 5 other Horde players on Frostmourne? So that there is access for them to more items on the AH, or something? I truly do not see the benefit. Warmode shards are going to be abysmal for those players as well.

Who in the heck is in charge of making these realm connection decisions? They really need to re-examine their metrics and do more to provide to the player base the decisions that will a) make the players happy and b) be more sustainable for the longevity of the game.

2 Likes

It says Spinebreaker will join Hellscream and Zangarmarsh.

Let me be the first Gnomeregan/Moonrunner player to thank you for increasing the lines for rare kills, tames, and the general congestion on our realms by 3 its going to be fun seeing 15 or twenty players camping Loqueā€™nahak, or scalping the individual proc quest items we need. Also more competition of herbs, and fishing nodes like we werenā€™t already having a hard time with players phasing in from all kinds of unconnected realms (Gnomeregan players will understand for some reason our server gets way more cross traffic than would be expected.)

On top of getting rid of the low pop servers which for many of us is a nice place to detoxify from the insanity of a med/high server. Like many other blizzard moves this is obviously financially motivated where as trimming server stacks to cut costs.

If you really wanted a long term and effective cost cutting measure try moving the company to a place with a significantly lower cost of living and business overhead instead of under paying workers, squeezing the player base for more cash, or condensing equipment to the max of its specs. There are many places in this country that would be more than happy to have a large company link Blizzard, and would probably even offer tax incentives to bring you in.

Honestly, they can never make everyone happy as long as we have these group of players coming here to post stuff like ā€œI ChOsE to be on low pop realms, StOp connecting us to other servers!ā€ or players who are strongly against server connections because according to them ā€œThe healthiest, most populated realms are the ones that have a clear realm identity due to never having been merged. Merging in a low population realm risks that health. Risking the health of a high population realm to save server costs on a low population realms is likely a bad idea.ā€ (pffft)

These people need their safe space and do not care about the sustainability nor the longevity of the game.

5 Likes

Actually, we do if we have some sort of end game playing in our cluster! We still have very low population with all those connected realms.

+1 and also a :blue_heart:.

2 Likes

Another voice for merging Earthen Ring. Our economy, our rp community, and our experience would be improved. Please #mergeearthenring.

6 Likes

I believe that merging super low pop to a high pop is good. The high pop will get new names available for use. Having 10 low together makes it hard to keep track of. You donā€™t know if they are connected or phased. So if someone asks for help, I would be more likely to help a connected person rather than someone spamming general chat that isnā€™t connected.

Hereā€™s another voice chippinā€™ in hoping for the merging of Earthen Ring - I havenā€™t been on in a hot minute but part of that does come from the overall lacking population. Itā€™d be a great support for our community (RP or otherwise) if we were to be merged, so please #MergeEarthenRing

6 Likes

Why on gods green earth would you connect one of the smallest Horde dominated Oceanic realms to THE biggest ALLIANCE DOMINATED Oceanic realm? This is actually worse than not merging them at all lol.

RIP Thaurissan players, I guess. What a horrible move

Yes, I probably agree, it doesnā€™t have any advantage I think, aside from a better AH for the thaurissan players.

i understand the of frustration of horde on Thaurissan but this is the logic i can see behind it OR blizzard is just a idiot.

I assume the reasons Thaurissan is being merged with frostMOAN is because Jubeiā€™Thos is going to be connected with Barthilas due to having more horde and alliance on it comparably, not make frostmoan much larger and to keep the merged pools balanced in server count but honesty they should offer free transfers to horde on Thaurissan and alliance on Jubeiā€™Thos if it happens so they can get out of that ghetto.

Also think the next ones we will see is Nagrand connected to saurfang and dathā€™remar connected to amanā€™thul or vice versa, i hope to see all these connections before shadowlands, honesty if this isnā€™t the plan its a bloody joke.

just dear god donā€™t merge forstmoan with anythingelse, nobody wants to connected to that plague and nothing else should for any reason be connected to it, it already has the highest server pop in oce with unblanced faction, the only vaild reason would be to merge all of oce togeter and nobody SANE wants that.

all this is based on the data at wow progress i am not sure if there is a better metric to check

Gnomer is seriously a dead server.

At least Iā€™ll be able to put my horde alts in my guildā€™s horde side guild if they connect us to Dathā€™remar I guessā€¦

How long does it typically take once the realms have been merged before I can potentially transfer a character or swap from alliance to horde? (or both)

within a few hours for sure, shouldnā€™t take long once a server is merged for the restrictions to be lifted.

1 Like

The real imbalance is a lack of Alliance dominant (high end) realms which has pushed up Frostmourneā€™s population as people search for a server where they can still play Alliance and push cutting edge progression.

Please, merge Brazilian realms Goldrinn, Nemesis, Tol barad and Gallywix, Blizzard.

#JoinUsBlizzard

3 Likes

i mean sure but i was just trying to see the logic behind it, i donā€™t think they even accounting for it, they purely looking at pops IMO, realistically Jubeiā€™Thos and Thaurissan should just be merged with barthilas i would also say merge the rest of the realms that are not frostmoan and barthilas but they have balanced factions and that would be higher pop then frostmoan its self so i aummse that wouldnā€™t happen, they really just need to offer free transfers off the alliance/horde ghettos of barthilas and forstmoan and hope that 5k players around about on each side works on the remaining servers, when they finish connecting the rest of them, 5k is less then 14k on frostmoan and 9k on barthilas but i donā€™t see any other option they would take.

2 ā€œbalancedā€ 1 horde 1 alliance.

1 Like

I will never forget that ā€˜dayā€™ when blizzard connected Moon Guard with WrA long time ago.