Realm connection inc

NOOOOOO!!! Don’t do it Blizz! It is nice to be able to play in a low pop setting once in a while.

I’m sure all 15 of LMVC’s players will push us up to ‘full’ status :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly I figured we’d get merged with more than that even, but I imagine they didn’t want to overdo it (expansion launches always see a surge of players for a time). Or they didn’t want to overdo community condensing (less-likely, but maybe).

That said, I wonder if that means the combined total server can hold 5 times as many people because it’s 5 connected realms, or if they physically load all of them together into the space/computing power of one server. I imagine it’s the latter; I doubt they’d waste the hardware leaving them separated like that.

Anyways, that’ll put us up to 5 servers, I think the highest is 6 combined, I wonder how far it’ll go in the future before the walls of servers are removed completely (if it ever comes to that).

1 Like

Unless your definition of “low pop” is “I’m the only person ever in Orgrimmar”, I don’t think you’ll see that much of a difference.

It’s one server, sharing one database and therefore auction house. On the plus side, the population will likely stay low enough that we won’t get the kind of auction house lag issues that larger servers sometimes get.

I agree if people want a Full server plenty of them out there, I came from one let me tell you trust me you will want to go back that same day to a low pop server.

Imagine picking something old to do like for example Tannan Jungle and getting there only to see every rare dead, every mob in a quest area dead and to see 10+ players in that area and every area in which you need to finish your quests. What should take 15-30 minutes of your time takes over an hour sometimes more.

Blizzard needs to let those of us who enjoy small knit servers with low populations just be, if they want to service the people who complain offer free Transfers off low pop servers (of course they wont cause they want that $25+ per toon) to a medium pop server to grow the population.

We do not want to be realm sharded with other servers unless it’s modern content all old content needs to be your server only no sharding at all…

Is there an up-to-date Connected Realms list anywhere? I keep finding old lists, from 2020. This is 2024 now and I would like to know which realms are “NOT” connected and will never be connected, because I want to go there. It is very frustrating to think “this realm isn’t connected according to the list” and transfer a toon there only to find it is connected to 2 or 3 other realms because the lists are so out of date.