Realm Condtion

You mean most people are playing other games? That’s pretty much what it has become now.

If I may give a more positive take,

I rather like the state of Emerald Dream as it is now.

For some background my last RPPVP server was Venture Co. which I played on from BC through Wrath until I quit WoW. Didn’t come back till the summer of 2017 midway through Legion.

I arrived at ED after finding Venture Co. functionally abandoned. I did no research on my options outside seeing what had a higher population - and upon discovering that ED shared my timezone I decided to settle here.

My initial experience was actually quite dreadful. In 2017 the griefing was organized, determined and frankly abhorrent. I was in some predominately Belf guild on my (naturally) Undead warrior and I still remember something like 8 players rushing in to a RP and derailing the thing with trolly toy effects and vocabulary seldom seen outside /pol/. That coupled with my bewilderment at the new endgame system and pressing IRL responsibilites led me to stop playing again for several months.

I came back whenever I did, milling about with some alts till I fell madly in love with Disc Priest. I was in Defilers of Arathor for a spell till they jumped ship then wound up in Redwood Tribe which was a direly needed refresher. Only left to make TDC because I wanted a hub for not explicitly evil but still spooky undead RP and figured I might as well see to it personally.

So it’s been about two years now. I admit my experience isnt as diverse as others but what we have here seems to me to be at worst, agreeable. The non-RPers are a non-issue. Outside a few attention seeking desperates bothering the larger scale Orgrimmar RPs I’ve encountered no griefing. In regards to the vaunted drama - there are certainly more quarrelsome personalities at play, I may well be regarded as one, but the truly anti-social make their way to the dustbin of relevance sooner or later everytime.

I rather like it here. I think the RP community in general has immense potential and has created some of the more memorable player made content I’ve experienced. People speak of some halcyon days of yore around here but I’ll be audacious and suggest perhaps the best days are yet to come.

6 Likes

I’m with Benedikt on this one. I don’t know what it was like before, and I have no idea about the future. The realm is what you want it to be, just like anything in life. If you want it to be heavy RP, advertise in and out of game and start some RP. You want it to be friendly, be friendly. There are some amazing people on this realm, interesting characters to meet and interact with and some wonderful events going on, that are open to anyone that wants to participate.

The rest of blizzard’s game is just a backdrop to what we create! So jump in and create :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Missing all of you <3

1 Like

I came from Tich and Sargeras. That’s a “get lost in the crowd” situation if ever there was one. My take on ED has been my god, these people have that tight-knit vanilla community vibe. If you don’t like your RP being interrupted by PvP I’d have said why are you on a PvP realm, but now I’d tell you to turn warmode off. Sadly for some reason most people have it off so I rarely see anyone in my wartorn shard of the world that I like to play in. As for toxicity - you know you are playing a game - on the internet - right? If you feel like this is home, then I say welcome back! This is a lovely realm. Been here a month and it’s reinvigorating me with it’s culture. Tich and Sargeras really made me feel hopeless. Nobody in the guilds there wanted to talk to one another. I wouldn’t pay $15 to transfer to another realm with the mind that I’d somehow end up in a place where human’s weren’t being humans on the internet.

Drama is very avoidable.

This is the only server ive ever played on, and ive been here for a while. If you are genuinely a fun person to hang around and play with, rivalries don’t graduate to the ooc level.

I don’t use any social media which helps avoid twitter wars. Essentially, respect your fellow EDers on both sides, and youll avoid drama pretty easily.

4 Likes

I know this post is a bit old by now, but I wish there were more open RP events on ED, if I didn’t like my guild as much as I do I would probably have transferred, I love the server and I made some good friends here, but it doesn’t feel like an RP server at all unless you are in determined guilds.

There’s events every week. They even let me in on some of them.

Join the Alliance ED discord.

2 Likes