Really weak bites

I playing in pvp and man I’m hitting for like pennies. Against plate my average bites are 96k. How can I kill with that?

4 Likes

If Blizzard cared, they’d make a portion of druid abilities nature damage or give feral a passive 40% armor ignore.

2 Likes

Remember the days of stacking armor pen as a feral? Pepperidge farm remembers

1 Like

All bleeds ignore armor

1 Like

Yes, but this post was about bites, and I pressume they are also bothered about shred.

The obvious analog here is assassination rogues, who have envenom dealing nature damage, and while mutilate does not have nature damage, every time they cast it they can proc nature damage via their poisons. Rogues also have the ability to shred armor.

It’s not unreasonable to ask that ferals be granted comparable tools.

1 Like

It is when you realize that Envenom on average is hitting for about 50% of a Ferocious Bite (before the 30% armor).

And especially so if Ferals want to stop being considered a discount Rogue, stop asking to copy Rogues every move.

Bites are for pressure and the final kill not to 50%-0% someone

Edit: And this isn’t to mention that most of Ferals damage bypasses armor as is. Feral isn’t meant to treat PvP as a training dummy.

1 Like

Well, yeah, assassination gets metric tons of CP, so their CP and finisher economy is different.

And ferals are already considered discount rogues, it’s one of the weaker pvp specs, while rogues are a historical staple. Ferals would be lucky to have a fraction of the tools rogues have.

As do Ferals. Not to mention free finishers from simply having your strongest DoT ticking away.

Because of statements like:

No, they are considered discount rogues because they have a similar damage delivery system but infinitely worse survivability and stun uptime, along with historically worse damage to boot.

This is not difficult. Feral was originally modeled on rogues and bear druids on warriors. That’s why people compare them.

Bleeds do go through armor but they didn’t scale well. Feral damage in pvp feels off. Like I get it’s lower because of armor and versatility. My bites are suppose to be almost 38% weaker average than they were last season? Also the current meta is to bite because feral’s bleeds are not strong enough. 50-0 isn’t even an option right now I’m praying for crit bites to take 13%.

Yea some specs feel like they’re heavily impacted by secondary stats - the higher HP and vers so far aside, we don’t have nearly as much mastery right now as we can get when we’re full geared from conquest/crafting. Unforch it feels like we’re stuck in the waiting room until we can get more mastery.

Depends on who you’re going up against - are you just now stepping into PvP in the new season vs someone who may have already capped for the week and gotten some upgraded gear from the season?

I never said to ignore Bites.

But isn’t everyone in this same situation though? It’s the start of a new season - everyone is at the same point where they’re running last seasons gear until they can get the new stuff.

That is correct, everyone is in the same situation. Which is part of the reason why arena is feeling very slow and damp as a whole right now. But the OP was asking why his bites weren’t hitting that hard so I was offering some explanation.

No one is running last seasons gear though. The current honor gear goes up to 515 in PVP. If you aren’t playing with the current honor greens you’re at a severe disadvantage.

Man, it was wild when a tank took more physical damage from the same hit than a cloth wearer.

(Armor Pen stacked past 100%, meaning tanks would have more negative armor than cloth wearers.)

Well thats what i was wondering. Not sure how long it takes to accumulate enough honor to get a full set of new season greens. If he was comparing his first match of the season to someone elses new season greens, would explain why it feels like his Bites are considerably lower than last season

I’m not saying to ignore anything. Dam across the board on feral is low. I have full honor gear, full enchants, and a crafted piece. Hitting a warlock for a crit 120k bite and hitting plates for 98k is an issue. Bleeds do ignore armor but the scaling is low even with 78% mastery. Something isn’t right. Tier set wouldn’t make up THIS much of missing damage.

I am obligated to ask: are you using FB at 25 energy or waiting until 50 energy. FB can consume up to 25 additional energy to deal up to 100% increased damage.

Many people frequently miss this part.

Sorry to ask something unrelated, but is there a way to get the mythic gear transmog without running raids? And is it fast to accomplish? Love the purple coloration lol

Upgrade to Mythic track - Heroic Raids or like 14 and up in M+ i think. And then like I said, just upgrade with crests and flightstones :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re playing an Aoe build, if you change to a single target build you’ll see your bites go up. But , even when I play Aoe in solo I’m still hitting for 200k+. Single target I’ve been hitting for 250-350k bites. Change merciless claws to the thrash one. It puts thrash up when you shred or BS. It’s an extra bleed you apply for your goes. Makes a big difference when you incarn.