Really Disappointed

I guess the people saving up the gold for the mount can now get it for free. Lucky them.

Then why are you telling other that they should not be allowed to have it. Sit down and take your L.

That’s why you check the forums to see if there is already another topic…

That doesnt even make sense lmao

What is up with all these troll accounts with very low achievement points making trollish topics lately. Did I miss something?

1 Like

Gold available on a realm and total gold of all Feldrake mounts are not related to the issue I am discussing. I have stated and re-stated already, that the issue lies with the entire class of TCG mounts. Now that one of them can be given away, people will have to factor in the possibility the same will happen with others, which means nobody is going to pay anywhere close to what they were worth prior to the Feldrake announcement.

You want this to be a simple non-issue, that only affects a few players, but there are many TCG mounts in banks right now. Many more than are on the market, and if I use your own logic, adding up all TCG mounts (not just Feldrakes) does create a significant market force that will now disperse itself into Battle Pet markets, non-TCG mount markets, and transmog markets.

Those market forces will not be sedentary, as they are with TCG mounts (people just buy them and park them in a bank), what will result from this will be active market manipulation on a scale that has not yet been seen before, as TCG mounts have been a save investment vehicle for years.

1 Like

Get ready for more stuff to drop or sell.

Yeah. So? Had to do that before as well. Or another duping case like it was the case with the Spectral Tiger.

And all that gold is still merely a dent to the whole market.

Again: You wont be able to manipulate the market in the way you want it to be. Especially with the current AH. And every single one of those TGC Mount holders absolutely pale to the AH players. As they always have. An AH player can effectively own every TCG mount he wishes and still laugh about the cost.

Yes Orctang, that is my exact point. People are acting like it’s not a big deal, but they are only factoring in the Feldrake. They are not considering the other TCG mount markets that are evaporating as we speak, and that money is moving into other markets right now.

I said this would happen a long time ago, there is no stopping it now.

I believe everything that was promotional should be on the shop.

1 Like

This is nothing like the Spectral Tiger duping.

This is not just about the gold currently tied up, it is about future gold that was destined for these inflation-fighting investments. It will all now have to transition to active markets, which absolutely can be manipulated, and currently are being manipulated.

I am not saying that everyday player goods will be on the rise, but you can absolutely bet that every transmog, battle pet, toy, and other item that are for vanity are inflating as we speak. This trend will continue, because as you accumulate gold you will need to actively snipe and re-post to beat inflation; farming and plunking down for a TCG mount is no longer an option.

• The Feldrake cards are Blizzard’s intellectual property. Once the cards were sold, they no longer hold value to Blizzard. The Feldrake design itself represents something of value should they choose to use it again.
  • Investing in virtual goods that can be copied and reissued at the IP holder’s pleasure is always a risk.
  • Blizzard never promoted the cards as an investment. It was customers who chose to turn them into one, with the above mentioned risks. It would make no sense for any IP holder to not use their own IP for the sake of a tiny amount of people who took a gamble on its continued rarity.
  • Those who sold one for thousands from a five dollar card pack gambled and won. Those who held onto them until now gambled and lost.

Simplyred, my issue is not about the Feldrake, and some players getting it for free. My issue is the economic damage that will result with the gutting of TCG mount’s viability as investment vehicles. This means goldbugs will now be actively controlling markets to beat inflation as there are no items of a finite supply any longer.

Who cares.

Also $3000 for a card of a recolored Drake that is just sad lol.

That 3000 could a been used for something physical. I don’t feel anything but scorn.

1 Like

Sashido, you might care when a transmog, battle pet, or non-tcg mount you want to buy is significantly more costly due to people controlling that market on your server. You might feel differently when you realize they are only controlling those markets because they can no longer buy a TCG mount with their excess gold.

1 Like

There’s not going to be any economic damage. This doesn’t affect many people.

It is. Its something that can affect your investment. Just like the duping bug did for Spectral Tigers. Something similar could have easily happened to the Fel Drake instead. Devaluing its price.

Yeye sure. Hit me up in 2 months with your manipulated markets caused by their peanuts.

And they will lose against the AH players who will laugh at them. Effectively bankrupting them if they as much as even try to go against them by thinking the TCG gold they hold could be considered a lot.

I don’t think blizzard ever said they wouldn’t sell tcg stuff at a later point.

It sucks if you wasted that much money on a gamble. But it’s all pixels anyway. When wow servers go down that money is worthless too. Everything we ever bought or did will be deleted one day. So its only paying money for a temporary account enable switch giving you access to the cosmetics that are in the database.

Allowing wow to keep having people keep enjoying the game and stay in business sort of allows for virtual goods to maintain value too.

I have seen them adding old rewards that were missables for new players to get, I don’t mind that stuff. I hate fomo in general. But yea sometimes its safe to not buy virtual goods in the first place. A buyer be ware market for sure.

Simplyred, this will absolutely affect the battle pet, transmog, toy, and non-tcg mount markets. Players looking to purchase items in those categories from the auction house will be affected. I think you don’t have a great understanding of how much gold is controlled by goldbugs collectively, and how significant this move by Blizzard is to the economic game theory in the game.

1 Like

Yeah, how dare we get these cool old TCG mounts. All you keep complaining about is “mah gold inflation” like these things put a dent in that issue. Which by the way is a whole different subject.

No, it’s really isn’t a big deal. You over reacting and clearly bad obsession on the matter at hand is what is unhealthy. Nobody should pay thousands of dollars for a mount considering most of us here got achievement going as far back as Vanilla.

Sucks to be those “investors” then. I feel not guilt for anyone of them. If anything, enjoy the paper value.

2 Likes