Reality about devs know what they do

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VrhXkYGC4cD1ZJmf#fight=16&type=damage-done

no. they are obviously not.

Hi Dragon! I’m a lowly open-world player and am not exactly sure what I’m reading here. Could you add some context so we can better understand your concern?

6 Likes

Two DK chads boosting some scrubs obviously.

4 Likes

So this is my understanding:
Augmentation Evokers are for buffing the party.
They’re buffing 2 Unholy DKs with big DPS gains.
Heroic encounter lasted 20 seconds.

World Of Buffcraft.

1 Like

Reminds me of the all-WW-monk raid, semi-recently.

Their 4-pc set bonus would do some kind of Shadowflame nova, and it stacked lol.

They killed the boss in a few seconds.

Isn’t this the way that the game works? Devs create something, players figure out unexpected ways to break it, and then the Devs fix it…and then the cycle repeats.

That’s pretty much Rextroy’s claim to fame.

8 Likes

Not exclusive to WoW, either. It’s a tale as old as time (in online gaming).

A classic case

The original devs of UO spent a lot of time scripting an ecology for the world. Grass would spawn in the morning. Herbivores would eat the grass and multiply. Carnivores would eat the herbivores and multiply. Only the carnivores had any loot of value, so it was assumed this careful balance would be maintained by players culling the extra carnivores. Based on everything they knew this was going to be how it played out.

Except that didn’t happen; players logged in and killed everything with a HP bar. Completely breaking the system. No animals would spawn ever again. They threw it out and just added spawn timers.

5 Likes

OP you should apply at Blizzard as a game dev! I’m sure you’d be great at it!

2 Likes

Like any good dev would work for them after the bad press. Not in a million years

Wasn’t adding a support spec a common demand from GD?

1 Like

It was requested time to time. If I recall right, people were divided on whether it was appropriate for the game.

It has been for a while now. Augmentation is similar to how Bards work in EverQuest. Just like we’re seeing now, they’re always welcome in groups and raids.

1 Like

its going get nerf.

3% Crit and about 1.7k main stat is no big deal. Until you multiply it 20 times, then stack all of the cooldowns on top of it.

Fights lasting <1 minute isn’t new though. Meme parses with front loaded burst specs were happening before augmentation.

For real though. We do alot of other things in 10 seconds now. Leveling for example. Instant boosts.

I mean, if they want to, go for it. I don’t think it should count towards a world first clear though or any of that because they were using broken mechanics and cheating the system. But why does anyone have a problem with this otherwise.

Keep in mind. This is the same game with bloody wow tokens allowing you to buy raid carries and other crap. All of which I can’t stand either. And these are also done pretty quickly. To the point where the people paying for the runs aren’t even really trying or even really playing the game.

I think if you want to get like 20 dracthyrs together, in a game with numerous other things wrong with this game already. I say go for it. But I feel this should just have a troll face at the end with zero loot. I don’t think blizzard intended for this.